1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing Up Games Question About Time

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by BrokexMan, Apr 27, 2007.

1. BrokexMan

BrokexMan Regular member

I'm just curious about the time it takes to backup and burn a wii game
    i read on how to backup wii game forum like about 2 hours or more..
    well i attempted 3 dumps and all of them were on my Lg drive at 2 hours and 40 mintues...is that correct?? and to burn it depends on speed, but on average it's 15-30...so in total amount of time..would be 2 hours and 55 mintues??? WHAO??? Is there another way to elimate the time? i remember way back to Ps2, it only took 15-20 mintues because of 2 dvds drives, 1 drive for the game, and the other drive for the blank disk.burning,quick and easy... but how come wii doesnt have that??

well thanks hope to get back some response because im just curious, i'm looking on craigslist and theirs people selling like 50 backups, so i wonder hows that possible to get 50 games so quickly backed up?? that means like 50x3 = 150 HRZ?!?!

um....

2. Daimao

Daimao Member

that's about right
    it may be faster if you use the app to dump it to your sd card but then you have to do it in pieces

3. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

sounds about right that timescale although burning is about 10 mins as i burn at 4x

u can download backups too as u can download really fast depending on your connection

4. BrokexMan

BrokexMan Regular member

is mininova a safe download source?

5. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

u r looking at a torrent site - no torrents are safe whether private or public so its your gamble - i am not saying i havent used these sites in the past, but i dont anymore.
    reason is that anyone joining the torrent gets to see a list of the ip addresses of the people who are also downloading it.

i use newsgroups. if you have a fast connection its worth paying £7 a month for newsgroup access - i get speeds of 1 meg a sec