1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up games to hd?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by KwikKaos, Oct 9, 2004.

1. KwikKaos

KwikKaos Member

Can it be done with HDAdvance alone? or do you need a modchip to backup your games?Or is there other software that can do it?

-Kwik Kaos

2. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

If you or someone you know can boot backups on their PS2, then you can run backups from the harddrive. Otherwise you are screwed.

3. KwikKaos

KwikKaos Member

Ok, A friend of mine has a modchip and can boot backups with it... do i need his ps2 to copy to my hd or how do i do this?

-Kwik Kaos

4. notmyname

notmyname Regular member

You are in luck, my friend.

Get an original PS1 game. Put your memory card and your harddrive in his PS2. Then perform the memory card exploit with HDLoader. Once you do this correctly, thank him and take your memory card and harddrive home. You will be able to boot to the harddrive and load backups on your PS2. Once you can boot to the drive, there are a FEW ways to put backups on the drive without going back to your friend's house. Download WinHIIP and use it to format your drive and install backups to it. You must put the drive in your PC to do this though. If any or all of this is leaving you confused, PM me with your address for a tutorial.

5. KwikKaos

KwikKaos Member

PM sent

-Kwik Kaos