1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up games

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by x-boxer, Nov 13, 2004.

1. x-boxer

x-boxer Member

Hello,
    i dont doubt for one minute that these questions have been asked before i have spent all day trying to connect xbox to pc finally sorted it out with looking in your forums but after loading in flashfxp i can connect to my chipped xbox and see the files but am i being stupid how do you read the xbox disc as when i put it in the xbox it just starts the game i now it will be somthing stupid but please help my problem is i didnt chip it so i dont know it comes up with a menu for the settings but if i click on the d folder in the flashfxp it shows nothing in there when i put in a game it just plays???

2. suki24

suki24 Member

hard to tell what ur problem is b/c you do not use any periods....

if you can successfully connect to ur xbox using flashfxp...then the rest is easy...

unplug the av cable and it will cause the game to not boot up...(not guranteed though)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2004
  3. x-boxer

x-boxer Member

thanks but that didnt work this is what i do:
    switch on my pc and xbox my xbox goes to menu i select settings all the settings look correct the same as my pc, on my pc i open flash fxp i connect threw the site manager and then it is says connected to xbox and brings up the files if i open up the d file there is nothing in it i preusume the reason is cos the game aint in the xbox i open the tray insert the game but then it just loads the game on the xbox and looses the connection to my pc.
    cheers si.

4. sal_va182

sal_va182 Guest

what dash are u using? evoX? avalanuch? usually in the settings of each dash there is a "autolaunch" which can be turned on or off.. didnt u want to back up games??? to do that, get pxHDDLoader from http://www.x-b-o-x.net. This program allows u to back up ur games directly from the xbox DVD drive to the xbox HDD. there are other xbox game ripper programs, whch will allow u to rip the game straight onto ur PC, then transfer it over in FlashFXP. sorry about ym typing, but its late....

5. MikeDDR

MikeDDR Regular member

Again I'd reccomend dvd2xbox. A little less friendly for n00bs but it's faster and it ain't creating stupid folder with bullsh*t names.

6. x-boxer

x-boxer Member

thanks for all your help basically i turn of auto launch in the evox menu and pull out the contoller which allows the disk to be read in the d drive which i can then drag by flash fxp to my pc have backed up a couple of my games now this is such a buzz damn i need to get out more any way i now have another dilemma i backed up a copy of halo2 to a dvd+rw and it works fine after deleting updatedash.xbe and another file to make it fit on dvd then i tried to run acopy on a dvd+r but xbox wont read it also have tried to use qwix because i was told this was a better program for xiso creation but when i try and create xiso file it comes up with a not enough disk space error!! keep up the good work you intelligent people and help me out (do you think i have grovelled enough)!!!!!!!