1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by meggo, Dec 1, 2004.

1. meggo

meggo Member

what software should i use to back uo my games. I bought a mod chip and no i want to backup my games. I need something that is easy. I just want to be able to put a game in my computer then recieve a copy of that game that i can play on my xbox. Hopefully there is something that simple.

thank you

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Only way you can back up your game to your PC is through the XBOX, which will require FTP. Read the sticky at the top.

3. meggo

meggo Member

i have the dvd wizard and i can not figure it out at all. The dvd burner stopped working and i have no idea how to back up my xbox games. if you know how to use the dvd wizard then pleas tell me. Also when i try to burn a dvd it just says error on writing 0 and i can not get it to work. is the dvd wizard program able to burn xbox games? If you can help me with any of these problems then please help me.

Thank you

4. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

The reason it didn't work is because you can't just stick an XBOX game in any PC drive and make a backup that way, you have to use your XBOX drive to rip the games to your PC through FTP. Find out what your XBOX IP is and use FLASHFXP to transfer the files from your XBOX drive to your PC.

And if you're thinking of putting the XBOX drive in your PC, it's not gonna work that way either.

5. meggo

meggo Member

i bought a mod chip so know what do i do. do i need a dashboard for my xbox? then hook up the computer to the xbox and start transfering files. Also do you know why my dvd burner program keeps saying error writing sector 0. do you have dvd wizard pro. sorry for all the questions but i just want to get it all done.

thank you

6. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

It really doesn't matter what program you use to burn, I use Nero, DVD Decrypter, Alcohol, etc... I already stated that you cannot simply put an XBOX game into your PC and start making the backup. XBOX games are different than PS2's or other media discs.

You might need a dashboard, get an autoinstaller called Slayer's 2.6 to install Evox and other useful programs. Download it and burn it onto a disc, load it in your XBOX and install the programs. After you've done that, it will give you your XBOX's info and you can use the info to hook up with your PC. Then you can start backing up your games.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2004
  7. meggo

meggo Member

where do i get slayer? Can you explain bios to me? Do i need the mod chip in befor i start to mess with slayer. I do i have to phisically hook the xbox to the computer with cables or just get their information linked up? thank for your help

8. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

You need to install the chip in first before you can mess with the bios. After you got the chip installed, you need to flash it with an X2 bios (X2 4983)to be able to play burnt games. You can get Slayer's and the Bios on edonkey or torrents.

9. meggo

meggo Member

how would i flash it. some emore things came with my mod chip(xenium ice) Besides the chip, pogostick wire and screw. There is a a bulndle of wires and some other things. do i install these also.

10. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

I really don't know anything about soldering or would I dare mess with it, a small error and your XBOX could be dead. So I usually let the pros handle that type of thing for a fee.

You flash the bios by burning the file you downloaded. If it's in .zip or .rar then just unzip or unrar it, then rename it to BIOS.bin and burn it on a CD-RW or DVD-RW. Insert that to your XBOX and flash it.

11. meggo

meggo Member

thanks alot man. you have been alot of help. maybe you could shoot me your email just incase i need help. either way thanks for all your help

12. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Yeah no problem if you have any more questions just PM me.

13. agenda

agenda Member

Achilles you are one patient SOB.

14. hunter929

hunter929 Member

i thought that i read you coould "back-up" games without ftp. I have read a lot so im not sure. can you confirm.

15. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

LOL agenda, I try to help, not to make a fuss.

hunter, you can backup your games if only your games are already backups. Meaning you can only back up a backup without a mean of using FTP, you can't back up an original without using FTP.

16. hunter929

hunter929 Member

thanks for the info. thats what i thought but you hear a lot of different stories. this x box stuff is way more involved than my ps2. i guess the first time is always the hardest.

17. monsta24

monsta24 Member

Hey all,

I'm new to backing up XBOX games but before I try that I was wondering how you would know if your machine had modchip already installed (say if it was second hand or the guy you asked to install it for you conned you for a quick buck by just opening up the Xbox without putting a mod chip in)?

The guy told me he had installed it but it boots up the same as before with the same dashboard.

Don't know what chip he installed but he said he chose one for my specific xbox model.

It seems dodgy so can someone tell me what they had to deal with once they had their modchips installed and how it booted up differentely afterwards?

18. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

You can always open up your XBOX and look for the chip to see if it's installed or not. You need a Torx to open your XBOX, and there should be 6 screws on the bottom. Just remove the DVD ROM drive and the Hard Drive.

19. monsta24

monsta24 Member

Yes ok, but how do I know maybe without opeining it up (i.e. the xbox boots up differently or the dashboard maybe be different)? It seems the same to me so I guess I'm gonna have to open it up.

20. andrewhin

andrewhin Member

how do u get ftp and transfer stuff to the computer? do u need some cable? can u use a lan cable?