1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up GTA SA 2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by SiCKPuPPi, Oct 23, 2004.

1. SiCKPuPPi

SiCKPuPPi Member

I have "sucessfully" backed up GTA SA. The game loads up fine. But the problem is that the graphic in the game is very glitchy. If I drive full throtthle for 2 min with a car, I'm seemingly driving on thin air.
    When I enter a house it takes forever to load up the "outside world" again.

I burned this game with my HP DVD200e (external). The first time I tried to burn with DVD Decrypter. The game and the sound was'nt good.
    So I tried it with Nero and the game loads ok, the sound is good, but the graphics wont cooperate. It seems that my PS2 doesn't load the surroundings fast enoug.

I burned the game with Samsung DVD+R 4.7GB at 2X both times. I don't think I'm able to burn any slower cause of the ability of my burner.

This glitch and sound problem hasn't occured before. But the three or four latest games I've tried to backup gives me problems. These are Fifa 2005, Def Jam NY, Toca Race Driver 2 and so on.

Is it my DVDs that are crappy (some games work fine with these dvds)?
    Should I upgrade my DVD burner firmware?

2. Ferny84

Ferny84 Member

I also have this problem, when I drive into a new section some of the building shave low res textures, likes its still loading, sometimes the streets dont load and you can see through objects.

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

these type of problems are usualy caused by the ps2 struggling to read the media and can usualy be solved by either burning at a slower speed(if your not already burning as slow as possible), a change of media or cleaning the ps2 laser