1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up HD ADVANCE

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by castolo, Nov 24, 2004.

1. castolo

castolo Member

I have HD ADVANCE 2.0 PAL and, as anyone else with this version will know, the dvd they use is very poor quality. I really want to make a backup to keep my HD advance safe and sound in the packet as if i ruin it i'll have to fork out another £25.
    The problem is both Nero and DVD decrypter get stuck on 2% of copying the DVD to the hard drive as an image. This is also true of the CD disc. I find it hard to believe that they have managed to develop a disc which can't be copied when sony can't so i was after some tips.
    Has anyone tried Alcohol 120% to back it up?
    The annoying thing is the abundance of NTSC HD ADVANCE and LOADER files, i can now boot them from my memory card with Time Crisis using the exploit and everything but the NTSC version won't let me copy my Backups to the Hard Drive, only Original discs.
    If anyone knows where i can find an iso or the elf files for HD ADVANCE 1.0 or 2.0 then that would be great.

Cheers for reading,

Castolo

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you can install backups, i do it all the time.
    load hd loader
    eject, insert big original ps2 game
    let it read
    click install
    let it read a few more seconds
    SWAP for backup
    click install or continue or whatever

3. castolo

castolo Member

When you say swap do you mean Knife trick/Flip top kind of swap? Or press eject and switch them and when you say let it read for a few seconds Is that after you've labelled it and literally started the backup to hard drive?
    I'm running HDADVANCE off the memory card BTW.

Cheers,

castolo

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Yes, swap means by knife trick, etc. Let it read, means just let the ps2 read it for a second. You have to insert your backup at the screen right before you type a name.

5. rosscomac

rosscomac Member

how u get it on ure memory card i would love to know? i have hd advance and my laser ain't to good so the disc could get scratched and would like to know how to put it on memory card.... thanks