1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up images from the PS2 HDD to PC HDD or DVDr

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by zaq2g, Jan 5, 2005.

1. zaq2g

zaq2g Member

My current setup is an unmodded PS2, Maxtor HDD and HDLoader 2.0 original. Two of my originals that I had copied to my PS2's HD have been stolen and I'd like to now backup my backup.

Is there any way to copy the image from the PS2 HDD to my PC or so I can burn it to DVD? If so, then how do i send it back to the PS2 if I need to?

Thanks for any help,
    Zaq

2. zaq2g

zaq2g Member

I've played around a bit with WinHIIP and it looks like I can copy it using that. I couldn't try it just yet because I had to disconnect one of my hard drives to do it, but as soon as I get another IDE cable I will try it.

Once I copy it from my PS2 HDD to the PC can I back it up on a regular DVDr and then just use WinHIIP to send it back again? Also are there any other options?

3. ZignZag

ZignZag Member

I have the same problem. I have several stolen game that were loaded to HD Advance 2.0 prior to the theft. I would like to know how to back up my HD Advance 2.0 to PC and also DVDr? I do not wish to lose my games if hard drive fails. Your help would appreciated, Thank You.