1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up Katamari Damacy

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by yoss1234, Sep 23, 2004.

1. yoss1234

yoss1234 Member

Hi, I'm trying to back up Katamari Damacy using DVD Decryptor and it's giving me an I/O error at 99% just before it's done backing up the game into the hard drive. I tried DVD Decryptor with other games and they all worked fine. Is there some kind of problem with the game I don't know about or some other software I can use to back up the game?

Thanks.

2. yoss1234

yoss1234 Member

Oh yeah, while I'm at it I would also like to ask if there are any known problems burning the image onto a DVD-R at 4x using DVD Decryptor. I believe I used 1x before today but did 4x just out of the blue for a game. It looks fine for the few minutes I played it but don't know if I should feel safe enough. I'm asking because it seems to me that most people are doing 1x.

Any help in these would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

3. Lexiticus

Lexiticus Member

Ive had the same problem, I tried using both DVD Decryptor and Alcohol 120% AND, I get read errors at 99% complete.

I assume its some sort of copy protection though no clue as to how to fix it..

I burn all my games at 4x and have never had a problem, they play exactly the same as my original's, (With the exception of Van Helsing, where the ps2 makes funy noises constantly (Like the laser is jumping all over))

Last edited: Sep 23, 2004
  4. Ryu69

Ryu69 Member

yes, i have the same problem. used record now max and dvd decryptor. any help anyone?

5. 91ranger

91ranger Member

same probs here with alcohol, dvd decrypter and prassi primo....????

6. 91ranger

91ranger Member

Just downloaded Blindwrite and made an excellent working backup....:)

7. tkeep13

tkeep13 Member

I also have been having the same problems with this game. Tried DVD decrypter and Alcohol 120%. I read on another board that changing some settings in dvd decrypter works also. I have downloaded blindwrite and will try both methods tonight and post my results.

8. tkeep13

tkeep13 Member

Blindwrite worked for me, but only if set to slowest burn speed in the options. At higher speeds I could only get the dvds to boot up in the PS2 very rarely. On slow it has worked flawlessly.
    I am using a modded PS2 with a DMS3