1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing Up MP3 Music To DVD-R

Discussion in 'Audio' started by dravidham, Dec 22, 2004.

1. dravidham

dravidham Member

Hi All,

For various reasons, I need to undertake a complete hard drive format on my machine and in advance of this I will be backing up a large volume of data onto DVD-r's.

Along with various configured applications, I will be needing to back up around 26 GB of MP3 music presently stored as individual tracks. In addition there are also movies presently in Bin/Cue format, VCD & SVCD, which amount to a further 12GB.

I have a massive supply of Blank -R's, so storage really isn't a problem and I would rather use blank DVDs than purchase a seperate second hard drive at this moment in time.

My question is, can all the MP3s,SVCDs & VCDs be burned onto DVD-Rs purely for storge without altering or converting their present format in any way. I'm thinking that maybe if I burn them in data only mode?........

The aim here is that once I have compleated the hard drive format, I can then put all of music & films right back on the drive so that it will be just the same as it was before.

I've got the latest version of Nero which I hope will be upto the task.

Any ideas you guys?

Thanks,

Dave.

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

as long as you burn the mp3s and video files in data-DVD format, there will be no loss of quality. Thats the beauty of digital to digital copy. You can copy a digital file hundreds of times, and have no loss of quality.

3. dravidham

dravidham Member

djscoop,

Sounds like it's data mode all the way then! - thanks for taking the time to reply & have a good xmas.

Cheers,

Dave.