1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up my CD games to DVD.

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Raziaar, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Raziaar

Raziaar Member

Hey guys, I was wondering if its possible to back up my CD games to DVD? I don't own very many CD's anymore, and they're rather old. I'd rather not purchase more and just use the excess DVD 5 media disks I have.

Is it possible to take single CD, and perhaps even multiple CD games and record them onto one single DVD disc and have the game detect the multiple CD's just fine?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I tried searching the forum as much as possible for this. Couldn't find anything wading through the many results.

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

I was just talking about this but for music CDs. If you have Nero, save the CDs as image files (just make a CD Copy but check off the 'Save Image File' box. Then burn your set of image files (.nrg extension) to a DVD. You can use Nero's ImageDrive to load the CD (as an image file) from the DVD and it will create a virtual drive which you can read just like any CD you insert in your DVD drive.

3. Raziaar

Raziaar Member

So it cannot just function on any computer dvd player I use it on. It needs to be on a PC that utilizes a virtual drive? Hrm

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member