1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up my games and dvds

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by clownface, Mar 1, 2003.

1. clownface

clownface Guest

i want to backup my ps2 and xbox games along with my dvds.
    but the thing is im not sure what hardware i need.
    i guess need a dvd burner but there so many different kinds i dont know what type to get.
    and then i dont know what software i need to get the job done either, some one help!!??

ive read that ps2 backups are perty straight forward, just put game in drive and blank in dvd burner and tell it to copy then you have your backup, is that right????
    but ive also read that xbox backups are complicated, like have to network xbox and computer and all sorts a stuff.
    can sumone help so i dont waste a bunch a cash???? ooo and i know i need a mop chip

2. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

hey there..

but unfortunately, xbox backing up is a little harder than the ps2.

Here's a quick overview of what we need to do:

1. get a mod chip and flash it with a bios file (evox or xcutioner are the best bios).
    2. install the mod chip into your xbox
    3. make an evoluiton x dashboard boot cd-rw (using xiso or isomaker, they make an xbox image file you can burn with nero or any cd burning software that can burn iso files)
    4. boot your now modded xbox with the evolution x dashboard boot cd-rw
    5. then connect your xbox to a network (usinga router is the easiest way) and then FTP into your xbox using Flashfxp.
    6. now you can read and copy the xbox game files
    there are more steps but check around the tutorials on modding and drop a reply with any ?s (Afterdawn will be posting my xbox modding guide soon, not sure when but soon..)

peace
    seamonkey420

3. stingray5

stingray5 Guest

Hay seamonkey,

So you mean to say you realy have to FTP the whole DVD game. What do you do, just FTP it to a directory then burn it to a ISO? Dosen't that take a long time. I have a high speed connection but what about people that only have like 56k or somthing. I got a PS2 but those are easy. I just bought a X-Box and I have a Aladin chip that does up to 1.4 X-Box and a Apple III chip that does up to the 1.2 X-Box. I think I may have a 1.2 or 1.1 as mine is dated manufactured Febuary of 2003. What chip do you think is best? Those seemded to be easier to install as they only need 2 wires and the rest are 9 solder joints. Or do you think I should get a X-ecurter and have sombody solder it in for me?

Did Afterdawn post your X-Box modding games guide yet?_X_X_X_X_X_[small]PS2 Ver 7 with Apple Chip - No Swap but chip gets detected by On-Line games so I use the Flip Top
    PS2 Ver 5 with Flip Top Cover & Swap Magic 2.0
    [/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2003
  4. Matador

Matador Regular member

It doesn't matter what kind of internet connection you have.Seen that you can't connect a Rj45 cable into a dial-up card.LOL.You will need a NIC in order to FTP into xbox then once in PC will have to build into an xISO with special software out there, not normal Iso making apps.

I used to use Exploits for my mod chip solution.But now i got a Chameleon 1.3 chip with solderless adapter and its very easy to install.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2003
  5. stingray5

stingray5 Guest

I found some sites with tutorials and how to get the dashboard. Is that Chameleon 1.3 chip as good as the X-Ecuter everybody is talking about in the threads?

I cut and past from the http://www.copying-xbox-games.com/ site below:

An Xbox Mod Chip MUST be installed (X-ecuter, X-ecuter 2 Lite and X-ecuter 2 PRO are the best mod chips for the Xbox - Technically, the latest Xecuter version is Xecuter 2.2 - available in both Lite and Pro.)

I know it is harder to install though. The one you are talking about just clips on with no soldering? Do you need to install a switch to turn it off for playing X-Box live? The instructions for the Apple III and Alladin Advanced state you must install a switch and switch off the chip before you play X-Box live. From my understanding the CPU is like a computer CPU in that it has a serial number and if the X-Box live servers detect your chip it will read the serial number off of the CPU and black list that X-Box gamming console from there servers.

6. Matador

Matador Regular member

I been able to run Debug BIOS's as well as Hacked BIOS's on a Cham chip so I think it can handle any BIOS out there.With all mod chip you must disable before goin to X-L.Every person has their own favorite mod chip.So just look for one that has the kind of functions that you want in a chip.