1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up my games to the hard drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Halfflip, Nov 25, 2003.

1. Halfflip

Halfflip Member

I have installed the team xavier auto installer and it has a command in disc copier's and file managers to copy game to HD. But when I try nothing happens. Is there something I'm not getting. Was the Ph Loader or whatever not included in the auto installer? Or do I have to FTP to my xbox in order to use that command. I know that I can copy the game by FTP to the xbox and copying the game to my computer's HD and then copy it over to the xbox HD. But I thought there was a program that was capable of letting me stick my CD in my xbox and copy straight from there. Maybe it's just wishful thinking???

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

From the Team Xavier setup menu did you choose the option to install the Apps as well as the dashboards.

RustyDog

3. Halfflip

Halfflip Member

Yes, I installed the apps as well as the dashboard, but when i try to use xcommander or the option copy cd to HDD it doesn't do anything. I can see the menu that says play games on HDD but nothing is in there because my game won't copy to the hard drive. Any suggestions?

4. GetModded

GetModded Guest

If you Choose the Copy Game to Harddrive option do you see either PXHDDLoader or DVD2Xbox?
    If so just Choose PXHDDLoader and then choose install from the menu.

RustyDog

5. Halfflip

Halfflip Member

No I choose the copy CD to HD or xcommander option and the evolutionx screen pops up and then it takes me to the main menu.

6. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Sounds like you got a bad install.
    Try burning the ISO again and reinstall it.

RustyDog

7. Halfflip

Halfflip Member

I now see two folders on my desktop that I did not include on the installer disk. They are Install and Skins. I think that I did not install it correctly. To fix my error, is it as simple as making a new boot disc and re-installing the Team Xavier Auto-Installer? I'm assuming that's why I only have the basic evoX skin to choose from.

8. Halfflip

Halfflip Member

Ok, my new error is when I try to download the game to Hard Drive. It says that my modchip does not support the eject fix and the DVD must be in when the xbox is turned on. Well the only problem with that is the game automatically boots up before even going to evox. I know I have to solder the power and eject points on my chip in order for the eject trick to work but can I still copying my games to hard drive without soldering? Or should evoX boot up even if my game is in?