1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up my home dvd's

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jrock, Jan 2, 2003.

1. jrock

jrock Guest

i have read so much and tried alot and nothing...can someone please point me in the right direction...i want to be able to back up dvd's that are less than the 4.7 or greater than 4.7 all on one dvd..can anyone please help.i have the hd space and i have the sony dru500a and i am running xp...please rescue me..i've tried cretins guide to dvd ripping and copying in 40 steps but i got stuck on it.

2. wheelerdr

wheelerdr Member

first use dvd dycrepter to rip the movie into original folder
    if smaller than 4 gig great
    use ifo edit 95 to edit
    make 3 folders 1. VIDEO_TS 2. original 3. new movie
    1. open ifo edit, click open ( open your ifo file in original folder.
    click on vob extras, leav everything the same make sure destination is video_ts folder. click strip or next.
    only check the 6 channel ajudio nothing else.
    click strip. this takes about 30 min. sometime in between this you will get an error just click ok.
    now when you done close ifo edit. adn reopen it. click on open. open the ifo file in video_ts folder. click on get vts sectors and click ok a few times until done. now click on dvd play if all is good movie should play. now use neo dvd standard or nero to burn the video_ts folder to a dvd

3. z0diac

z0diac Regular member

Easy - use DVD XCOPY. It will look at the source disk and tell you if it will fit on one destination disk or if you need 2. Burning onto 2 it simply asks you to insert destination disk 1, burns, then insert the 2nd, burns. I just hate splitting them because you get stuck with a movie you have to switch discs in to watch.

The Philips DVD (standalone) recorder SAYS it records up to 2 hours in DVD quality, 3 hours in S-video quality, and 4 hours VCR quality - would would mean you could fit a store-bought 2 hour DVD onto a regular 4.7gig disc... I still have no idea how the Philips recorder does this... (anyone reading this thread have any idea? Anyone HAVE a Philips 985R recorder?)