1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up my ps2 games-what am I doing wrong....HELP

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by cobra87, Feb 24, 2005.

1. cobra87

cobra87 Member

I just bought a new slim ps2 and had it mod chipped.I downloaded the dvd decrypter(latest version) in order to backup my games becuase my cousins are killing them.I read the post on how to use dvd decrypter.put the game in...mode..iso...read and the same...mode...iso...write and choose the .mds file.When I put the game in the ps2 it show the screen with the disk and it says in the corner "PS2 disk" when I press the X it reads for a couple of seconds then comes right back to the same screen.I have other backup games that I have from my brothers friend and they work fine.
    What am I doing wrong in copying them...Is there a program missing or something...my ps2 slim has newley been chip mod and nothing else.WHAT AM I MISSING.All Iam using is the dvd decrypt and nothing else..

HELP........

Thanks
    Cobra

2. steimy

steimy Active member

sounds right to me. are you using the same media as they type that work? My PS2 seems to like 8X DVD-R discs, i never have any problem with the Phillips i use. But i also have used Imation which worked fine.
    here is the steps but i don't see where you are missing anything, also make sure your computer runs on an NTFS and not FAT32. That game me a fit when i first started. I had to get an extra drive and convert it to FAT32, do not try this with your current drive inless you want to loose everything including your operating system.
    Start DVD Decrypter
    Put in original
    select ISO Read
    Choose a place to save it
    press the disc/arrow when it is ready
    then put in your blank DVD (if it is a DVD game)
    select ISO write
    browse for the MDS file you created
    select write speed of 1X
    press arrow/disc button and burn.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  3. cobra87

cobra87 Member

Hi....Thanks for the reply...that is exaclty what iam doing.Iam using windows xp prof and the drive are ntsf..Iam doing exaclty that and it is not working..iam using kodak 8x media and buring at 1x.I always get the same result after burning....pop in the game and I get the screen with the disk and nothing else...
    I dont know

4. cobra87

cobra87 Member

another thing is that i forgot to mention is that when i do iso...write....it only takes about 5 min to burn a 1-2 gig game...it is really fast...but it still doesnt work

5. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

It should take a decent amount of time for Decrypter to properly read the ps2 original onto your hdd. (maybe 5-10 minutes, i never paid attention)

Also, you want to burn it at the slowest possible speed. I burn all of my backups at 1x. Try not to go higher than 2x though for best results.

6. cobra87

cobra87 Member

Iam doing that.I burn at 1x but the games dont work...I really have no idea why..everything is shutdown in the lower left and the only thing running is dvd decrypt but the games read fast and burn fast ...in under 5 min at 1x burn speed and they dont work..I just keep getting the ps2 disk picture on screen and it keep going back to it....do you have to do anyhting else to these disk first or after to make them work??

7. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Those games won't boot in your ps2 if it's only taking you minutes to make the backup. (reading/writing)

Something may be messed up with your dvd decrypter. Might want to uninstall/reinstall it?

8. steimy

steimy Active member

I am not sure then. It takes mine abot 15-20 minutes total to do most games. 10-15 to read from the original, then 7-10 to burn it to the blank discs at 3.8 speed. Mine always burns at the same speed no matter what i set the settings to.
    Have you tried any other Brand of media? Also, what type of discs are you using -R or +R? sorry for all the questions. It helps narrow down the answers you'll get beacuse it could be a ton of things. Doens your burner do both +R & -R? Like my PS2 only really likes the -R DVD's.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  9. cobra87

cobra87 Member

Hi...I have tried Kodak +r 8x and benq -R 8x and both give me the same result.My burners are sony's and they do both +r and -r.I have tried to unistall-reboot and reinstall and still nothing.If C drive were the info is store is Fat32 would that make a difference???Does it have to be on a ntfs drive??

Thanks

10. squizzle

squizzle Active member

If you select 1x for a burn speed and it is burning faster (and it obviously is if you're burning a game in 5 minutes) it will tell you the burn speed in the log. I'm not too sure about Kodak DVDR's, sound kinda cheap (sorry to be stereotypical). I'd go with some better media. Try Taiyo Yuden, everyone swears by them here. But if the game is close to being a full 4.7 GB (4.35 actually) then it should be about an hour for the burn at 1x.