1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing Up NBA Live 2004

Discussion in 'PS2' started by aymin101, Jan 31, 2004.

1. aymin101

aymin101 Member

I just bought by DVD Writer and i tried backing up my NBA Live '04 game using the instructions for Nero on this forum.
    That didn't work, so i decided to follow the instructions for using DVD Decrypter and that didn't work either.

I'm using AR2 and what happens is that when i insert the disc, the screen just freezes.

The steps I used and have always used are the ones below:

>>>>>>>> PS2 with NeoKey/Sbox modchip & AR/GS, PS2 CD backup booting

1. Have AR/GS dongle in a memory card slot
    2. Power on your PS2
    3. Insert AR/GS disc
    4. At the AR/GS menu, select Start Game, With/Without codes
    5. Eject and swap to your PS2 CD backup and press X.
    6. Screen will change and game will now boot

* Note - Neokey/Sbox will not play DVD-R!

* Note - Old versions of AR2/GS2 you might need to press R1+O instead of X to boot games

*Important* You have to have the correct version of AR/GS in order to boot backups <<<<<<<<

The problem is i don't know whether my modchip is a Neokey or Sbox because i didn't install it myself.
    I had the modchip in December 2001 if that's any help in identifying what it could be.

The discs i've been using are Aterra DVD-R's, so i figured that if i do indeed have a Neokey/Sbox chip, then i'll need to use DVD+R discs instead of DVD-R's as mentioned in the instructions above.

The odd thing is, i've used the same Aterra DVD -R's to back up DVD's which work perfectly fine on my PS2.

Up until now, the only games i've backed up have been CD-R's and not DVD based discs and those work fine.

I was just wondering if anyone knew what may be the problem?

Thanks!

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

well if you using the chip from that long.... and you boot with AR.... it's ptorably neo 2.2... does your ps2 have a lil box in one of the usb ports.. if yes... then it's sbox.... man what a crap chip... the sbox i mean.... if you got one of them then forget playing dvd's... now not only you be swaping the cd to dvd to backup... wait till your AR cd will brake then you be swapting like crazy....

3. aymin101

aymin101 Member

Nope, i didn't notice a box in the USB port.

How would i go about finding what version my PS2 is to see whether it can only play +R discs?