1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up Oblivion 360 - Not a

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by danharris, May 6, 2007.

1. danharris

danharris Member

Hi,

I created a backup of my original Oblivion disc for Xbox 360 and when starting the game I get the error:

Please insert this disc into an Xbox 360 console to play it

To make the game work I just need to restart the console and try again, sometimes it works second time...sometimes it can take a long time...Also if I quit the game by pressing the "guide" button and then "Y" I can restart the game fine first time.

Is this just a common thing with Oblivion backups in a Hitachi drive? One thing I did notice is when I start up the console it says "Play DVD" not "Start Game" like it should. It does start working after a few tries usually and then runs perfectly....

Can anybody help with this?

2. modster

modster Regular member

did you set the bookmark on your dvd+r dl to ROM before you burn the game?

3. danharris

danharris Member

Yep exactly same as all my other backups of which none of them have this problem :-(

Tried on Verbatim and Datawrite, both work but have this slight problem, anybody else had this happen with Oblivion? and is it just Oblivion?

4. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

oblivionn is this elder scrolls i have backed it up no probs using xbox back up creator 2.4

5. danharris

danharris Member

Yep Elder Scrolls IV. I have a Hitachi drive and I get this problem with it not wanting to start sometimes, all my others work perfect first time, once Oblivion is working it is fine!

6. navsav

navsav Regular member

My copy of oblivion has always worked fine. Seems like an obscure error - hope you get it figured out.

7. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

u writing the game at 2.4 and mek sure u take care of ur back ups not letting them get dirty at all
    try cleaning the back up see if that helps
    sumtimes loading of elder scrolls freezes for a second but carries on fine nothing major

8. danharris

danharris Member

Yep, burnt at 2.4x etc, I guess I will just put up with it or play from the original disc in the first place. On a side note this is a great game and I got it from Argos for only £20!! I nearly bought the PS3 version instead but decided it wasnt worth the extra £30 it would have cost me lol.