1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up off of a backup

Discussion in 'PS2' started by G-Stylez, Dec 4, 2003.

1. G-Stylez

G-Stylez Member

sorry guys, I know I might have posted a question like this, but I am still having problems...everytime I try to back up a game from a previous backed up game it is giving me errors, and I have tried about 5 different games...really the only problem is gettin the ISO image on my comp...I tried dvd decryptor and alcohol, and even blindwrite...neither of these worked...is there something I should be doing that would help me produce these back-ups without errors??? Anyone who knows anything would be greatly appreciated! thanks...and its not that the dvd-rs are skratched, they are all mint condition...Thanks again...

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

My brother has the same problem. I have a pioneer 105 burner (-R) and he has a nec 1100 burner (+R). A lot of the times, he cannot backup anything on his computer that i made on mine.

3. _3MiNeM_

_3MiNeM_ Member

Sounds like a dvd burner prob. Pioneers are supposed to have a lot of problems, but I think that's only with certain media, not writing an image.

4. G-Stylez

G-Stylez Member

sorry guys, but the problem I am having is not with the burner, it is with gettin the ISO image of the backed up Dvd-r, on to my comp...sorry I shoulda been more clear...soo, if anyone knows how I can do this without obtaining any errors, it would be greatly appreciated! thanks

5. benagain

benagain Regular member

This could be the dumbest suggestion ever, but is the disk scratched that your trying to backup from?

6. G-Stylez

G-Stylez Member

you know what man, its not a dumb suggestion at all, thats exactly what Ive been hearing...soo it might possibly be skratched, although it doesent look it...do u know though, when first making an iso image on your comp off of the original game, there are two files usually...one is only about 5kb and the other is 3-5 gigs...obvoiusly your supposed to put the larger file on but are you supposed to put both of those files onto the dvd-r...because this might be the problem as well, maybe a missing file that is screwing me up...if u or anyone knows it would be greatly appreciated...thanks

7. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

The smaller problem is a mds file. If you are using fat32 and make an image that is greater than 4gigs, 2 images are made. One is 3.99 gigs and the other is the rest of the disc. You then burn the mds file, it links the 2 images together. If you only have one image, you dont need to burn the small mds file. _3MiNeM_ where did you hear pioneers have a lot of problems. They are the most recommended burners on this site.

8. G-Stylez

G-Stylez Member

hey sly_61019, u may be on to something...I sort of understand what you are saying, but can you explain it in a little bit better detail...ok, I am using dvd decryptor, and I had no problem reading and writing the image onto my comp then onto the blank dvd-r from the original disk, but now when Im tryin to get the image onto my comp off of a back-up disk, I keep gettin read errors...the read rate basically drops to 0 near the end of the disk...if u know anything about this please help!hehe thanks guys!

9. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what media are you using?

10. mconly

mconly Member

G-Stylez....why don't you just get the image from the original game? you must own it, otherwise you'd be breaking federal copyright laws! so quit having problems trying to get an image off of a backed-up game, and just use your original! (btw, your mother smells)

11. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

If you are getting problems with reading the disc you can try something that is out called GameDoctor should be near the game sections at a WalMart or somewhere like that.You can use this to repair scratches on discs this might help out,but if you can,try to use Alcohol 120% or just make a ISO with Record Now and then burn it.Alot of problems occur from reading discs with programs.So I would suggest trying what I said first check to see if it is scratched up and if it is try to get the GameDoctor thing an use that.Then try to use Alcohol 120% if that doesn't work then just see if you can create a image with Record Now.If you get errors on this then the disc you are trying to backup might be too messed up to make a copy or could have been burned on a defective disc.Peace L-Burna