1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing Up PC Games

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by mikeyg100, May 16, 2007.

1. mikeyg100

mikeyg100 Member

Hi there, just wondering, is it possible to back up a PC game?
    The game is a dvd game.

Thanks for your help

2. onya

onya Guest

Backing up pc games can often be a little tricky. I prefer to use Alcohol 120%. This software isn't free, but is worth the outlay. You can however use their trial version before you decide to purchase.
    First up you need to determine what protection the gamme has, here is a link that will hopefully tell you..

http://www.120search.net/

If the game is not in the data base then use this freeware, it's called A-Ray scanner. Now that you have the type of protection, simply follow the 120% on-board manual. It really is very easy stuff to use. Lastly, when backing up the game, burn at 4X or 8X max and use high quality media....stay away from the cheap stuff! Good luck.

3. mikeyg100

mikeyg100 Member

thanks alot man, i have alcohol already, so ill give it a go. thanks again mate much appreciated

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

A bit of useless info, there is a free version of alcohol called 52%

5. onya

onya Guest

No worries at all mikeyg100. On that "on-board" manual thingy, apparently there have been occaisions that the manual hasn't been included in the download. It can, however be downloaded from their support pages/forums...free of charge. Cheers and see you 'round.

@scorpNZ. That version I believe, is to whet your appetite and prompt 52% users to get 120%....of course....LOL

Bloody good software though! :)