1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BACKING UP PLAYSTATION 2 GAMES

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by TRUEBLUE1, Jan 9, 2005.

1. TRUEBLUE1

TRUEBLUE1 Guest

I USE DVD DECRYPTER TO READ AND WRITE THE PLAYSTATION 2 GAME INTO MY HARD DRIVE AND I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE TO BURN WITH DVD DECRYPTER IN ISO MODE(I AM USING DVD-RW MEMOREX). I TRY TO PLAY THE GAME BUT ALL I GET IS THE RED SCREEN SAYING PLEASE INSERT A PLAYSTION GAME. I DONT UNDERSTAND THE PART ABOUT --SWAP MAGIC AND FLIP TOP--. CAN SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN SPECIFICALLY. THANKYOU.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2005
  2. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

ok you dont use DVD Shrink.. thats for movies. Use DVD Decrypter to Read the game with ISO read mode. Then burn the game with a DVD-R with ISO write mode. And it should work... never use something that is made for movies with ps2 games.

**EDIT**
    The swapmagic is using the swap tool to take out the tray manually and putting in the backup. Flip top is when u get the flip top case installed and just open it from the top and swap there.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Don't use rw discs.
    Don't write in all caps.
    Only post your question once!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  4. TRUEBLUE1

TRUEBLUE1 Guest

OPPS I POSTED IT TWICE, THEN I NEED TO POST IT ONE MORE TIME OH AND I USED ALL CAPITALS

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

why do you have to be a smart ass. I answered your question and just pointed out the rules.

6. Nanks

Nanks Guest

I tried using dvd decryptor and did every thing you said but it still came up with a red screen

7. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what game and what media are you using?

8. gillberg1

gillberg1 Member

I get the same thing. I am using DVD Decryptor on Metal Gear Solid 3. I am using a DMS 4 Pro chip

9. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

if you downloaded a release, that release might be nuked, if you got it from an original, then your burning too fast or something.

10. gillberg1

gillberg1 Member

My MSG3 is a bought copy.

11. F412

F412 Member

hey
    i use dvd decrypter for copying ps2 games bur they dont seem to work. when i insert it in ps2 it says after few minuates disk read error. i use budget dvd-r
    4.7 GB

any Help please????????????
    thanx

12. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

Sounds like your laser is going.
    This is one major problem with burning games, becuase sometimes laser has to force itself if it can't read/pick-up data & eventually laser would start giving problems like the one you are having.

13. chrisosx

chrisosx Regular member

@ F412
    are you using a Modchip or Swap magic?

14. F412

F412 Member

i am using modchip

15. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

When are people going to understand? Do not use DVD-RW tose are an entirely different format. It would be nice to use them so you could burn different games on them over and over again, but sadly you cannot do this! Do not ever use DVD-RW! There is absolutely no way your PS2 can read them for anything! Secondly, just stick with DVD-R, they are so cheap now (about 50 cents a piece), there's no reason not to use them. And last I have been telling people this since burning PS2 games was even a thought - do not use DVD Decrypter! That program is complete crap! I have over 200+ backups, and I have tried the standard ISO read and then ISO write method for about 50 different games, and now I have about 50 coasters! Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I have NEVER gotten it to work. I have used Nero for all my backups, and with the exception of games that you have to rebuild ex: Bloodrayne 2, Mercenaries, and The Guy Game, Nero has worked perfectly. Even after I rebuilt those games I used Nero to burn it with and they work fine.

16. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

I am also with sly on this, follow the rules so we can all enjoy this place. We're not moderators, but they have the power to shut this place down, and people who don't follow rules will make that happen.

17. RXV2300

RXV2300 Regular member

Danbokee,

I know exactly how to use DVD-decrypter & 9-10 come out perfect. While back ago I was having much problem but that was becuase I was using swapdisc but since few weeks I've converetd my PS@ with EMSpro-4 modchip & all works well.
    You wrote that you like to use nero for both reading & burning image as ISO into disc.
    Unfortunatley I am not very familiar with nero, I have used few times copy disc - disc but I hear that this is not the correct way.
    Can you please give me a walk through on how to use NERO to make backup copies the same way we use dvd-decryptrer.
    Thanks,

18. craigbar

craigbar Guest

hi i was just wondering what program you can use to burn ps2 games without having a mod chip . I read up that dvd wizard game copy pro that you don't need a mod chip . But i can't work that program out ! I have burnt dvd with dvd shrink and they play in the ps2 . i didn't think that they were supposed to play either ? Can someone please help me , there has to be a program somewhere . There's a program for just about everything else .

19. craigbar

craigbar Guest

hi i was just wondering what program to use to burn ps2 games without a mod chip . I read that dvd wizard game copy pro does that, but i can't work it out .I have tried burnt dvd in the playstation and they work i didn't think that they were supposed to work ! There has to be a program there is a program for everything else . Also do the ps2 boot discs actually work or is that crap ? Thanks

20. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Danbooke:

Dont hate something because you dont understand it.
    Seems funny how DVD Decrypter works for everyone
    here that tried my method EXCEPT you.
    (Because you never tried my method you just
    want to run your mouth i know)----ME

I dont use Your method but i dont run around
    telling people its crap not to use it.

Let people make there own Minds.
    Go try to impress people somewhere else.
    (with your 200 perfect backups....BAH)

CRAIGBAR:

I use DVD Decrypter its free and it works!!!!!

DVD Decryptor
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/dawnload.cfm?mirror=0&software_id=298

-------------------HERE"S HOW-------------------------

Use Quality Media I use
    Verbatim dvd+r 8x 100 pack ( 24.99 )
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002IQ1I0/slickdeals/104-0984492-0108766

***** BURN AT NO MORE THAN 2X****** <-----------(IMPORTANT)
    TURN OFF ANY BACKGROUND APPLICATIONS

1. Take the ps2 game put it in the dvd rom or dvd burner, your choice.

2. open the dvd decryptor program then go to to tool bar and hit MODE>ISO>READ. Then choose the correct dvd drive that the game is in as the "source". Also choose where you want the files to be stored on the pc hdd. THEN CLICK DECRYPT , or the huge graphical picture at the bottom of the program which makes it run. The game is now copying to your HDD. Take the game out when finished (it might take a while).

3. Go to the same tab in dvd decryptor and choose MODE>ISO>WRITE. This will then let you look for the files you just created in step 2. Select the file that you just created. (There is only 2 files creadted so pick the .mds) (The smaller file)Then click WRITE, make sure there is blank DVD in the drive.

HOW HARD CAN IT POSSIBLY BE.
    Must be too much for a 5th grader HUH dan

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005