1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BACKING UP PLAYSTATION 2 GAMES

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by TRUEBLUE1, Jan 9, 2005.

1. TRUEBLUE1

TRUEBLUE1 Guest

I USE DVD DECRYPTER TO READ AND WRITE THE PLAYSTATION 2 GAME INTO MY HARD DRIVE AND I UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE TO BURN WITH DVD DECRYPTER IN ISO MODE(I AM USING DVD-RW MEMOREX). I TRY TO PLAY THE GAME BUT ALL I GET IS THE RED SCREEN SAYING PLEASE INSERT A PLAYSTION GAME. I DONT UNDERSTAND THE PART ABOUT --SWAP MAGIC AND FLIP TOP--. CAN SOME ONE PLEASE EXPLAIN SPECIFICALLY. THANKYOU.

2. sizla

sizla Member

First of all dvd-rw's are not good media to backup your ps2 games onto. You have to use either dvd+r, or dvd-r and use name brands. Like sony,verbatim,tdk etc.
    The Swap Magic discs allow you to play your backup copies, its an alternative to modchips. Hopefully you've heard of modchips, they allow you to play backup games. The fliptop is a cover for the ps2, that is like the ps1 cover. it allows you to open your ps2 without pressing the eject button. Because by pressing the eject button the ps2 will NOT allow you to play backups if you are using the fliptop or the slide card method and magic disks, unless you have a modchip installed in it.

3. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Without a Modchip or swap magic you cannot
    play ps2 backups

Swap magic can be used with either
    1)-Flip top kit or 2)-Slide card

You can read the rules here too:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/82210

No TRIPLE posting or posting in all caps.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005