1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up PS 2 games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jk323, Oct 1, 2003.

1. jk323

jk323 Guest

Hi guys my first time using this forum I have only read from it not wrote but now I am writing to help you guys out on how to make backups of your games first of all i have a v7 PS2 scph39001 one of the newest versions im also using swap magic discs with slide card no mod chip because loss of warranty the games im having trouble backing up are: tomb raider aod,silent hill 3,espn football,and soul caliber 2 are the only ones I know right now im using nero for CDRWIN(GOLDEN HAWK TECH) this is the best program to copy your ps 2 games if you are having trouble it really doesnt matter what speed you burn ur games at just make sure your read speed is 4x the write speed if your burning on the fly i also use nero alcohol 120% and clone cd but mostly cdrwin because the other programs CANNOT! patch the games cdr win is the only known prog to patch your backup games all you have to do if find a patch on the web and walla! you burn patch secter:1 and burn image file sector2 and the game will load up correctly if the games dont need patches then you dont really need to patch em espn football worked but kept freezing so i burned again with patch and it now works fine my first message hope it will help you guys out there also im using memorex dvd+r 4x speed and fuji dvd+r 2.4x i always burned at maximum and never had problems burning at max only some had some coasters when not adding patch
    p42.26 mhz
    512 mb pc266
    geforce ti4200 (golden sample)
    BIG BIG BIG NEC fe991sb monitor
    nec nd-1300 dvd burner
    liteon 16x dvd rom

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

A few things wrong with your statement. For one, if your using swap magic you do not have to patch any games. Secondly, nero is not the best program to use. And third, all those games you can't get to work, will work if you use cd loader.

3. jk323

jk323 Guest

actually your wrong there are many types of patches the ones I use are called swap patches so im not wrong I would tell you the site but I cant because your not allowed to and what the hell is a cd loader im confused is that swap magic or another thing im supposed to buy can you tell me where to buy it or get it because patching games are not hard but looking for the right patches are and most patches are bogus but some are not once again the type of patches I use are for swapping there are some for non swapping too but I use swapping thanks

4. jk323

jk323 Guest

o yeah and one more thing i never said nero was the best i said cdrwin was because thats the only program you can add patches too its quite confusing though

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

cd loader is a program you use in conjunction with swap magic to load double check games its avalible to download here http://www.tidusx.cjb.net/ for v1-6 ps2 download cd loader for v7 ps2 download cd loader beta 3 full instructions on how to use it are also on the site the program saves you having to use swap magic patch's to get games like tomb raider aod to load with swap magic

Last edited: Oct 2, 2003
  6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Ok misunderstood the nero thing but you do not have to patch any games to load with swap method. But maybe the ones you are patching are the ones that i need cd loader for. http://www.ps2ownz.com/ is where i got cd loader from, and best of all, its free.