1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up ps2 dvds, please help

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by lewis_71, Dec 23, 2004.

1. lewis_71

lewis_71 Member

Ive just got a DVDRW drive for my pc, with the intent of backing up my ps2 dvd games and dvd movies.

I have a 900 MHz Athlon with 256MB ram, XP sp2, and a Emprex DRW1016IM dvdRW drive.

I am using DVD Decrypter 3.5.1.0, Nero Reloaded(6.6.0.3), and Alcohol 120% (1.9.2.1705).

I have tried making images of the ps2 DVDs using all three programs, and with each image, tried to write the backup with each program (9 attempts per actual backup).
    I have tried datasafe 4x DVD-rs (which a number of my backups are already recorded on) and emptec 4x dvd-rs (also already have backups using this media).

I have tried call of duty, spiderman 1 and 2, and all three gtas, and a similar problem occurs with each program. when the writing process reachs past 1600000 sectors(ish) a write error is given and the process stops (with each program). the point is always different (almost did call of duty, only 2000 sectors to go and it died).

I can create dvds from video files to the maximum (4.7gb) size and write with no problems, and backing up my movies is similarly problem free (even with DL movies being reduced to fit). This only happens with ps2 games.

HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

please

(I am new to this, so as much detail of how to do it would be great)

cheers

2. gavin2005

gavin2005 Guest

hi,i burn mine using nero its very simple on that as long as ur ps2 is chipped,just click on dvd icon then copy disc then insert original game in the dvd burner and in the boxes do dvdrw to dvdrw then choose speed of either 2x or max then click burn it will then copy the disc to hard drive when its done that it will ask you to insert a blank dvd take the original out and put your blank dvd in and click ok it will then burn data onto the blank...ive backed up all my games that way and let the kids play the blanks! any problems my email is gavinbradshaw@msn.com

3. hursty

hursty Active member

lewis,what speed are you buring at?what type is your dvd writer?

4. lewis_71

lewis_71 Member

tried nero and failed,

write a 1x.

the dvd writer is a Emprex DRW1016IM.

as i said, i can write anything except ps2 dvd games fine

the ps2 is chipped as well, and works with every backup ive tried (numerous).

its just that about 3.8gbs into the burning process it has an error (never at the same place, sometimes just after, sometimes just before the disc finishes)

argh

5. marxerri

marxerri Guest

hi. i have a pioneer 106 and I use nero version 6 to copy psx2 games.first I used normal dvd blanks and couldn't copy any game.then I found i a forum that the best type of dvd blanks to copy psx 2 games is TRAXDATA DVD-R. I bought some of these dvd's and really worked (figer crossed).All the games I copied all work and hassle free.Hope you can rid of this problem.Please note that the psx2 must be chipped

6. hursty

hursty Active member

sounds like emprex is failing,ps2 games are a bit more fussy when it comes to copying,they are a bit more sensitive.insure whilst the game is burning,do not use the pc for anything else,log off internet etc.i also have pioneer,but the 108,this is an excellent writer.p.s.you are not trying to copy "disc to disc" are you???

7. marxerri

marxerri Guest

hi hursty. yes i just use copy to copy and in a few minutes the game is copied.if you need to know anything don't hasitate to ask.happy new year

8. hursty

hursty Active member

marxerri,i have nero 6,but have never used it to copy disc to disc,i wouldnt normally copy this way,but when i do a error message pops up "not enough space on disc".any ideas?