1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up ps2 games - problems w/ nero

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Ray21, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Ray21

Ray21 Member

Hi, I am new at this so bare w/ me. First off, i apologize if i am asking a question that has already been brought up. I tried to do many searches on the forums but was unable to find a solution to my problem.

I tried to backup a ps2 game w/ nero. I successfully created an image on my drive. When i tried to burn the image the burner failed. This was after only a few seconds. It burned about 64kbs and it stopped. First it said "Generating DVD borders completed successfully". Then it said "Burn process failed at 4x (5,540 KB/s)."

I followed the guide provided on this forum on how to burn ps2 backups w/ nero. I am using a TEAC W58E 8x DVD+RW burner which came w/ my Dell. I used memorex 4x dvd+r. I was reading and writing at max speeds.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2004
  2. $$$$

$$$$ Member

i had the same problems with a Plextor PX-504A and Samsung DVD+R media but i sorted it by burning it at a slower speed. Try updating the firmware too.

3. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

u should burn at the lowest speed possible. (1x)

4. Ray21

Ray21 Member

Thanks for the replies so far. I am using dvd+r media so i think the lowest i can go is 2.4x. Unfortunately, i do not think there is any firmware available for my burner.

Does the reading speed matter(when i am creating the image on my harddrive)? I was reading at max. (5x was the other option)

thnx again

5. jaygizzy

jaygizzy Guest

will he be able to play the back up copy on his ps2 i was able to copy mine but when i went to play it it told me disc wasnt formatted for ps2

6. Ray21

Ray21 Member

Do you have a mod chip for your ps2? Are you using dvd+r media? cuz some ps2 can't read it.

7. jaygizzy

jaygizzy Guest

no i dont have a mod chip and where can i get one yes i am using dvd+r

8. Ray21

Ray21 Member

You need a mod chip inorder to play burnt games. Check what version your ps2 is. Even w/ a mod chip, the older versions can't play dvd+r. The newer ones you can, probably version 4 and up. Dvd-r, however, work on all versions.

9. Ray21

Ray21 Member

I am using nero 6.3.1.17. How come when i am trying to copy a dvd, the "simulation" option is not avaiable for me?

10. Ray21

Ray21 Member

Sorry, but i have a few more questions about nero. In the "choose recorder" section, it has my burner and somthing called a "image recorder". Does that have anything to do w/ backing up ps2's? Also, in options, there is an option for "dvd high compatibility mode (atleast 1gb will be written)." Should i have that option selected when trying to burn ps2 games? Lastly, how do you access the nero wizard for burning (as suggested in the guide provided by the forum)

Once again, sorry about all these "stupid" questions and any response will be greatly appreciated!

11. Bladerz05

Bladerz05 Regular member

Use dvd decryptor, it is fast and really easy to use. read the ps2 into an iso and burn it to a dvd+r or dvd+rw, Done.

12. Bladerz05

Bladerz05 Regular member

Burn Slow...

13. Ray21

Ray21 Member

I want to burn slow, but lowest speed nero offers me, when i put in my ps2 game, is 4x. There is 4,6, and 8. How come i can't go lower? Also, is there any other way to backup ps2 games other than using "Dvd copy"? My friend says he uses another way involving "dvd-rom (iso)" .

I have been following these exact steps:

1. Start Nero, and select "File" then "New..."
    2. On upper left side of the window from the drop down menu select "DVD"
    3. Select "DVD Copy" Icon
    4. Select "Copy options" tab
    5. Select or Deselect "copy on the fly"
    6. Select source drive and read speed
    7. If needed Select "Image" tab to choose image directory and select/deselect "delete image..."
    8. Select "Burn" tab and choose your settings
    9. Press "Copy" to begin

This is the correct way to back up ps2 games, no?

14. Bladerz05

Bladerz05 Regular member

You might need dvd loader

15. Ray21

Ray21 Member

What is dvd loader?

16. Bladerz05

Bladerz05 Regular member

It is an iso that you would burn with your ps2 game iso, it will help boot the dvd. What Game are you trying to backup anyways? and what brand media are you using? what brand dvd-burner are you using?

17. Ray21

Ray21 Member

Hey thnx for the advice...

My problem is not in booting the game, but just copying it. I ripped the image successfully but i couldnt burn the image. (see my first post for details.) Will Dvd loader help in this situation? i thought dvd loader was just to help the ps2 boot the disc.

I followed the guide provided on this forum on how to burn ps2 backups w/ nero. I am using a TEAC W58E 8x DVD+RW burner which came w/ my Dell. I used memorex 4x dvd+r. Trying to burn Smash court tennis. Thnx for the help so far.

18. Bladerz05

Bladerz05 Regular member

19. dpdblues

dpdblues Member

Use DVD DECRYPTOR to read the image, ALCOHOL 120% to bur at 1x only after you have done an MSCONFIG andunchecked everything that is checked and rebooted

20. Bladerz05

Bladerz05 Regular member

What's the msconfig?