1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing Up PS2 games.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by NKR, Nov 18, 2004.

1. NKR

NKR Guest

Hey guy's, I was just wondering if there is a way to make a copy of the PS2 games. This is strictly for myself, I want to make a copy of a few older PS2 games of mine that don't play right, I was thinking if I were to make a new copy it might play. I have DVD R+RW drive so I will be able to burn them.

I was also wondering if I would need some type of mod. chip to play the burnt games? And how would I go about installing one of them.

If someone could give me an idea as to what to do, I would greatly appreciate it.
    THANKS,
    Nick

2. stupidkid

stupidkid Member

you need a chip or swapmagic disks. i use swap magic and it works fine. you also need a slide card or flip top(voids warranty). to brn games i use DVD decrypter and i have not had a single game not work right.

hope this helps

3. NKR

NKR Guest

Now that I do know that I need a mod. chip.

I have DVD X Copy and I can make backups of my DVD's can I just use that to make backup's of my PS2 games too?

4. tolu515

tolu515 Guest

What type of dvd burner do you need to burn backup games?

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

No, but you can use dvd decrypter, which is free, but you still need a mod.

a dvd burner

6. NKR

NKR Guest

tolu515 you need a drive that says DVD+R/RW on it. What that means is you can read the DVD's and ReWrite them as well.

Nick

7. greengirl

greengirl Guest

The actual PS2 website tells you what you need, and how to do it. They actually sell the whole kit you will need. I guess they figured... If you can't beat `em... Join `em!

8. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

yeah right link please.

9. NKR

NKR Guest

ozzy1

My computer is a labtop and only has one drive on it, will everything still work the same with the decrypter program.

My PS2 reads the DVD's that I have backed up and they are on DVD+R. Will the PS2 backed up games work on the same disc's?

10. tolu515

tolu515 Guest

Thanx NKR

11. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

it should, you still need a mod though.