1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up PS2 games.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by chr15b, Dec 28, 2004.

1. chr15b

chr15b Member

I'm using SwapMagic 3.2 with the Slide tool.

I recently created a backup with DVD-Decrypter downloaded from this site of San Andreas and it worked OK, the game ran fine.

Last night I created a backup of Rayman 3 and it burned OK, but when I load with Swap Magic it takes me to the Disc/Memory Card screen.

I'm going to create a backup of Sonic Heroes but before I do I'd like to know will it work or not? Is there a list of games which will work OR is there a fix or something to get Rayman 3 (and any other games which don't run to work).

Cheers for the help guys.

Aint possible to create a backup of SwapMagic is there?

2. hursty

hursty Active member

www.swapmagifix.com lists most problem games.i.e ones that require cdloader/dvdloader etc.

3. hursty

hursty Active member

www.swapmagicfix.com lists most problem games.i.e ones that require cdloader/dvdloader etc.

4. chr15b

chr15b Member

Ok so a games listed, and I can download a BIN file as a fix for the game... what do I do with the BIN file? What are the version numbers? My ps2 or swapmagic, how can I find out my ps2 model no?

Sometimes playing some games it takes a while to load etc some games dont load, is there any guides to cleaning ps2 lens and parts?

5. hursty

hursty Active member

first of all download alcohol 120
    you need to use winzip to extract the files(bin/cue)
    open up alcohol 120
    click on image burning wizard
    browse for the CUE file
    ensure settings are DAO/SAO
    tick "write"
    burn the image
    once you have burnt the fix,you need to use it inbetween loading the backed up game.aswell as usingcd/dvd swap disc.
    www.swapmagicfix.com,has guides on how to use it.(i think)...i dont use swapmagic myself so my instructions might be a bit sketchy.