1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up ps2 games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Jager4200, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Jager4200

Jager4200 Member

when you backup/copy a ps2 game, do you still have to have a mod chip to play???

2. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

Wrong forum but yes you will need some sort of 3rd party app to get them to work. You can use swap magic disc's and a slide card/flip top, there's MC exploits that you can also use with the slide/flip method, or a mod chip. Search around the ps2 forums or try www.exploitstation.com , www.psxforum.com , http://www.ps2nfo.com/affils.html just a few sites.
    I use a 200 Gb Hdd and just copy all my games to it then store the originals in a safe place. No fumbling around with disc's/faster load times, plus it saves the life of your laser.

3. brobear

brobear Guest

A friend of mine rips and burns PS2 games with Decrypter. He uses a mod chip and swears by it. The one he has requires no other modifications like the swap systems.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

BTW, get a mod to shift this thread to the console games section. Otherwise, they'll get you for double posting.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Teleported :)

6. ehsan_c

ehsan_c Guest

HI Everybody, i really need help.
    i have been copying ps2 games 4 some time now and my ps2 is chipped.

When i try to copy a ps2 game which is over 4.0 gigs i successfully burn it but when i insert it into the ps2 the game doesn't work. I don't know what 2 do so can any1 help me.

thanks