1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing Up PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Oriphus, Jul 20, 2003.

1. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I know this will have been answered but i wanted a fresh post for it anyway.

Here, sorry for the Newbie question, but when backing up a PS2 game (i've done millions of DVD's and never my games) can i just use any De-CSS tool like DVD Decrypter to rip it? What type of encryption is used on the disc. What size are PS2 discs since i presume it is impossible to compress them.

Also, what type of folder/format do you burn them in. I use Nero 5.5.10.42 and Record Now Max 4.50. Is it jsut burnt as a data with no folders?

Thanks People, once you answer ill go back to my DVD section never to annoy you PS2 people again, unless i get a problem lol :)

Chris

2. jay33

jay33 Regular member

DVD decrypter is all you need to make ps2 backups. You use it to decrypt to you rHDD, then use it to write the game to a blank dvd. Very simple.

Most every ps2 game is under 4.38gb, with only a few exceptions.

3. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

Also, if you don't already know, you will need to make some sort of modification to your ps2 like a fliptop, slide-card, or modchip.

4. c7015

c7015 Regular member

there isint a need to decript anything as the discs are not like dvd movies with css but all you need is to do a direct copy with almost any software nero is what I use dvd decrypter will work as mentioned before and obviously a mod chip

5. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I suggest CloneCD for PS2 CD based games and RecordNow Max or DVD Decrypter for DVD based games. Take a look at my tutorial, use the link in my signature, it should help you out a lot.

6. carter123

carter123 Member

Do you know of any current PS2 games that are over 4.38 Gigabytes right now?

7. c7015

c7015 Regular member

metal gear solid substance for one there is about 5 dvd9 games some can be backed up some cant