1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing Up PSX Game on CD?

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by Sakuya, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Sakuya

Sakuya Member

Hi. Since you don't have a section for PSX games, I'm not sure where to post this.

I have this PSX game backed up and I have all these RAR files containing IMGs. Which IMG file do I need? Since there are so many IMG files with the same name, I put each one in a RAR file.

Also, this game I have is from Japan so...
    How do I put those files onto a CD so I can play it on a PSX or PS2 gaming system? At first, I thought I would play it on the computer but it's too hard so I'm just going to put it on a CD. Is that possible? Can I retain all of the game sounds, images, etc.?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

use win rar on the rar files to extract the image file

3. Sakuya

Sakuya Member

Yes, but the problem is that I have like 15 RAR files all containing what seems to be the same IMG file. So which IMG file do I really need?

I extracted only the first RAR file and it works fine on the emulator. How do I burn this onto CD to play on a Playstation or Playstation 2?

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

the 15 rar files all contain bit's of the same image file when you extract the image from the first one it assembles the whole file from the pieces, try using alcohol 120 to burn it to cdr using the image burning wizard and the playstation datatype template

5. Sakuya

Sakuya Member

Thanks. So I only need to extract the first RAR file and not the rest? People keep telling me that in order to play the burned CD-R, you need a Playstation with a modchip. Is that true? :(

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

correct you only need to extract from the first file win rar will automaticly retrive the rest of the file from the other pieces and to play burnt games on your playstation/playstation 2 requires the use of a mod chip or a boot disc

7. Sakuya

Sakuya Member

Where will I be able to buy a mod chip or a boot disk? I heard a mod chip is illegal though. :( So what about a boot disk? How much is it and will it have any negative effects on the Playstation system?

8. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

there are lot's of sites on the net but can't realy advise you on a paticular place as i get mine localy