1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing Up Region 2 DVD's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by medgyess, Feb 15, 2005.

1. medgyess

medgyess Member

Does anybody have any advice about backing up Region 2 DVD's? Specifically I've been trying to back up the German version of The Lion King.

The Region 2 version plays fine in my computer but I do not have an "all-region" dvd player for my fiancee to play the movie on for her class (she is a high school German teacher).

If I am able to back up the movie will it play in North American DVD players? My hope is to find a way to take the Region 2 DVD and copy it into a North American playable format.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Follow the guides on the freeware DVD Shrink. You might also need other software such as AnyDVD or DVD Decrypter on some of the new encrypted disks.

3. bazilla

bazilla Regular member

Wouldn't Region 2 be in PAL format? So beyond the RCE encoding, you'd have the problem of having to convert to NTSC in order to view it in North American dvd players.

OTOH, on conversion to NTSC, it would problem be "region free" and that would no longer be a factor.