1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing Up Resident Evil 2

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by axlman, Feb 1, 2005.

1. axlman

axlman Regular member

Hey all, well last night I was reading alot of posts here on how to backup resident evil 2. So, I have tried using DVDD and shrink, but shrink comes up with some error and will not import the file. Too big maybe? So, it now seems that some have/are using VOB blanker and then shrink.

I guess my question is: Does VOB blanker get around the protection or do I need to use VOB blanker to rip, the DVDD to decrypt then shrink to well, shrink of course!? Also, playing a little bit with VOB blanker last night, I noticed that If I skip one of the biggest files which I assume would be either the wide screen version or the full screen, the movie should fit on 1 DVD. Does anyone know which file is the Full Screen and which is the Wide Screen? I wouldn't mind just using the Wide Screen.

Thanks for any help!

2. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

Did you really read alot of posts? Because if you read them you wouldn't be asking the question. Their is like a post of over a 100 for Resident Evil. The problem is fixed. Download the new dvd decrypter and then use shrink.

3. dpizzle

dpizzle Member

go to tomdownload.com. download the trial version of super dvd copy. this is what i used before dvd dycrypter was updated. this program will split the wide & full screen. you can put them on seperate disc if you wish.you can only use this program 20 times before you have to purchase it. be advised that every time you enter the program that's considered one use,so read the guide carefully.

4. bobdef

bobdef Member

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  5. RedAnt

RedAnt Regular member

-1st post was posted Dec. 26th,2004.
    AnyDvd pluss DVD Shrink will work.
    or you could just do a search "Resident Evil Apocalypse" and see all the post that have been submited.

6. axlman

axlman Regular member

Yes, I have read alot of the posts and alot of them are confusing! In other words not telling me what I need to know, I did use DVDD and I don't believe that it had any problems with ripping it, but Shrink would not load the files, I will have to post the shrink error message later when I get home.

Also, I'm still trying to find out which file holds the "Full Screen" file so I can re-author and not include it in my burn, if I can even get it burned.

7. rodjared

rodjared Member

Hi all, the new version of 1clickdvdcopy.com, will
    skip over the bad sectors of resident evil2,
    and othe makers that have put bad sectors into
    the disks to stop copying, i have run into
    this problem on a lot of the newer movies.

8. axlman

axlman Regular member

Ok, now this is why I decided to start a thread in order to try to get some answers to my questions "Using DVDD with Shrink"

It's because all of the other posts/threads turn out with posts stating to use "other programs" rather than telling me/us how to do things with a thousand other prog's.

Thanks for the info "RodJared"

9. bobdef

bobdef Member

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005