1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up season disc with three episodes on it

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cnj10801, Jan 26, 2005.

1. cnj10801

cnj10801 Member

im trying to back up my collection of the wire season two. i have been using dvd fab gold to back up suscessfully the disc with two episodes on it. i put one episode on one disc and the other episode on the other disc so not to lose quality through compression. now when i come to the disc with three episodes on it, dvd fab gold tells me it can't be copied. does any one have any suggestions. i can simply compress the 7.8gb disc onto one dvd-5, but I'm looking to preserve the quality and split it up on seperate discs. anyone have any suggestions, or programs that might work. much appreciated

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah you can rip the disk to your HD with decrypter and then Use Shrink in reathor mode. Just drag the episode you want on the disk from the right browser screen to the left window and back it up. Continue usin Shrink in re-author mode until you have all your episodes. This is how I did my daughter Buffy Vampire episodes. You can probablly get two episodes on one disk without any compression. I put three on one disk with only about 15% compression they come out fine.

Good luck :)

3. nawlinz

nawlinz Member

Try using DVD Shrink with Nero to burn it.

4. cnj10801

cnj10801 Member

thanks for the replies, i never thought of using reauthor with shrink. i appreciate it