1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up Sky Captain

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Mago2005, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Mago2005

Mago2005 Member

I have tried backing my SkyCaptain dvd using DVD X Copy Platinum, CloneDVD with AnyDVD, DVDDecrypter with Shrink and Nero for the final burning and still get bad sectors in the last chapters.
    It's not always in the same spot, so I'm really baffled here. I've wasted 6 dvd-r allready.!!
    Anybody had any luck backing up SkyCaptain, region 1 DVD ?? Care to share how ?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

3. Mago2005

Mago2005 Member

Thanks Jerry. Yes I've read that thread and tested all the software thats mentioned there, but no luck.
    Using Nero Vision to check on the video files just before burning to disk, I notice that in the last chapters the video holds still for a second and then keeps on going. It does this quite a few times in the last two or three chapters.
    When burned onto the DVD, these chapters show garbage for a second, then a still image for a second or two, and then the movie goes on fine for a bit more,then the garbabe appears again.

Thanks again.

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

its the media!!! try some new brand! use dvd decrypter on default settings! do the vobs play in powerdvd etc ok on these bad parts? if yes then media!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2005
  5. Mago2005

Mago2005 Member

Thanks Rotary. I'll try using PowerDVD to see if the problem is the decrypting.

6. Noobia

Noobia Guest

what media are you using? and using dvd decrypter and dvd shrenk is a good idea i did it with those and had no problems although i could use a memorex disc and burn fine but then it wouldnt work on my player i went and bought maxells no prob

7. slider78

slider78 Member

I used the latest version of dvd decrypter and clone dvd v2.4.5.4...absolutely no issues.

8. wberm0151

wberm0151 Guest

try using DVD decrypter, DVD shirnk and Nero you should not have a problem.

I used to copy with DVD X copy Platinum, but was having too many problems. now I use DVD decrypter, DVD shirnk and Nero, have not have a problem yet.

9. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

also use dvd decrypter , shrink , and nero with no problem with special features.

10. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Mago2005,
    You,re problem sounds like media not software or css encryption problems. What media are you useing (probably memorex)? Try some TY's, Verbatum Datalife Plus, Maxell, or Ricohjpn's. Also I would recommend useing some dvdrw's untill you get the problem solved and go into dvd shrink edit tab then preferences and set the dvd target size to custom and type in 4300.

I always burn my backups to a dvd+rw (Sony media code Phillips 041) first and then if it plays ok on my set top dvd player I load the file into nero "Burn DVD Vidio Files" and burn them to a dvd+r.

11. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

As others, I had no problems what so ever with the burn. Flawless.