1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up smacksown vs raw

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by outsider6, Jan 22, 2005.

1. outsider6

outsider6 Member

I own smackdown vs raw and its really scratched from letting people borrow it. I want to make a backup. I have made 4 copies that don't work.I have tried DVD Decrypter.(iso read and iso write.)I have tried copy DVD with nero. I have even got the id code. I have a slimline ps2. Swap Magic 3.3 cd and dvd. I have made succesfull backups of yu-gi-oh and need for speed underground using DVD Decrypter. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!

2. okboz

okboz Regular member

If you have tried decrypter dvd ISO read, DVD ISO write then i would give up. Sounds like the disc is too scratched to read. However there are certain setting to try in decrypter for scratched discs etc

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/138842

this may be just for movies though and might not work for ps2. Give it a try, who knows

BOz

3. LiquidusX

LiquidusX Regular member

maybe ya have to rebuild it?

4. okboz

okboz Regular member

Just go and rent it, If you own the original then there are no problems with copying it

Boz

5. Memnock

Memnock Active member

I think your disc is too scrated. I backed up SDvR fine with dvd decrypter and I've played at 15 weeks into a season.

6. dg3elite

dg3elite Regular member

must be scratched mine works fine.

yes, go and rent it.. you own it so no problems your not breaking the law.

off topic: in the game is there a way to rebuild it so that i can take legends into season?

7. Memnock

Memnock Active member

I don't know about a rebuild you can take legends into season mode with a game enhancer. I did it with a Gameshark v4. I used Bret Hart btw.

8. outsider6

outsider6 Member

Does the media make a difference? I tried maxell DVD-R 8x and I have tried Memorex DVD-R 8x. Even though they are 8x disc I burn them at 1x.What is the best type of media i can buy from like wal-mar. Also does the speed of the media matter even if i burn it at one speed.

9. outsider6

outsider6 Member

I just used the same media on yu-gi-oh dualest of the rose and it works fine. I use it on smackdown vs raw and all i get is a black screen. Swap magic said insert disc. I do and then i press x. all i get is black screen. I rent out and rented it beacuse mine was scratched. I can make backups of all my ps2 games except for smackdown vs raw. Do I need to patch it or something? PS: i dont want to play online. I use dvd decrypter.

10. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

The game must be damaged,
    or your doing something wrong.
    I have this backed up.
    No patches,No problems.
    using dvd decrypter

11. outsider6

outsider6 Member

Thats wrong!! My Maxell DVD-R worked for yu-gi-oh but not for sd vs raw. My Memerox DVD+R then worked for my sd vs raw! I'm just gonna start using memerox DVD+R from now on!