1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up swapmagic

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by CRUXER, Sep 21, 2004.

1. CRUXER

CRUXER Guest

is it at all possible to backup swapmagic3? There has to be a way right! well any help would be greatly appreciated thanxx

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

a backup of swap magic is treated just like a backup game.

3. CRUXER

CRUXER Guest

I have tried treating it like a game backup but my burner doesn't read it i have tried several programs and they have all giving me an error notice, what am i doing wrong please help!

4. PupDog44

PupDog44 Regular member

You cannot backup SM disk, the disk have bad sectors put into them on purpose and also the disk are pressed not burned when made.

5. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

ok, ill rephrase it, you CAN backup swap magic, but there is no point. The backup wont boot without a mod chip or original swap magic.

6. Xman2004

Xman2004 Regular member

aren't the back of both the swap magic c & dvd specially designed...they have special lines running acroos them...they're not like any normal dvd or cd...i don't think that the can be backed up at all...

7. CRUXER

CRUXER Guest

well that explains alot well thanks for the info, kind of sucks that I can't backup my swapmagic but oh well, I guess I'll start on a new project.