1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing Up To Dual Layer Disk Instead Of Rebuilding

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Amadeus2, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Amadeus2

Amadeus2 Guest

Is it possible to forgo the painful looking process of screwing around rebuilding a DVD to fit on a 4.7 GB disk by just burning it to the bigger dual layered disks? Im EXTREMELY interested in this.

2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

If you have a mod chip installed which supports dvd9, then yes, you can just copy the game onto a DL and play it.

3. Amadeus2

Amadeus2 Guest

Thanks man. I have no idea yet cos i saw an ad 4 the modchips n sent my ps2 there n am pickin it up in a few hours. i PRAY that it supports the dual layer then cos if not i will hav sum work 2 do. im lookin at 3dluis guide to rebuilding and damn it looks like it takes ALOT of time and effort to rebuild. is it really hard or am i just not in the know yet?

4. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Most guides look complicated, but once you go through them, you realise that theres not much in them.

5. Amadeus2

Amadeus2 Guest

Hey man u were right. Actually i did godfather just as an ISO and then burnt it n it wouldnt play. Then i rebuilt it (and it wasnt as hard asit seemed) and it worked. Just curious i have a 'Matrix' chip do they need every game to be rebuilt?

6. orthogonl

orthogonl Regular member

Make sure you running the latest firmware for your chip. If you have a Matrix Infinity, you can enter the configuration menu by pressing TRIANGLE + CIRCLE during PS2 Boot Up, ensure dual-layer support is enabled.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  7. Amadeus2

Amadeus2 Guest

Thanx orthogonl, yes im running matrix infinity. i havnt adjusted the settings yet but noticed my ps1 games i hav rips ov wont play on my ps2. so a setting can be adjusted 2 make them work?