1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up Transformers 3

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Opus54, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Opus54

Opus54 Regular member

I have a new copy of Transformers 3 and wish to back it up and am having trouble doing it

I have ANYDVD 6.8.6.0 and it wont stop scanning it

anyone having better luck?

thanks

2. Opus54

Opus54 Regular member

And before anyone gets upset about this post being started somewhere else, I searched all over the forums and couldnt find it

3. Mez

Mez Active member

Next time try the Shrink forum. That has the most traffic for 'what works'. You probably need to wait for the next release of ANYDVD. You could try Defab I think that has a free version. They are usually quicker with their updates.

4. royalaser

royalaser Member

I tried both DVDFAB & AnyDVD6870
    Both did not work
    AnyDVD6870 backed it up
    but it did it incorrectly

Ideal DVD Copy v3.2.5 worked for me

I also searched for other threads on this topic
    this is the only one I found

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  5. Mez

Mez Active member

Great link! Never heard of that software before.

What was the Defab version that failed? The latest is 8125Qt.

I have no fear both AnyDVD and Defab will take care of it eventually. It would appear that there must be a new wave of high investment in copy protection in the movie industry. I bet the staff at both software companies has been cut to the bone. I am sure there are less and less people buying the software. For several years many DVDs have had minimal protection. It seemed as if the industry had given up. The latest and greatest would be broken within weeks of the release. This year I have seen several disks I couldn't back up. I didn't cry over them. They haven't made any movie in more than a year that I would want to see a second time. Actually Avitar was the last movie I watched more than once.

As proof of my statement about the lack of innovation in copy protection, there is a recent post (a few lines down) where the user had been using RIPIT4me all these years and now can't understand why it is not working for a certain DVD. It is older than the hills and the decryption process is done by software that predated Shrink.

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

same here dvdfab & anydvd have yet to fail if one can't the other does

edit:steer clear of any copy software that requires online activation

7. Opus54

Opus54 Regular member

I was able to copy the movie with DVDFAB QT but the movie skipped 3 seconds several times and towards the end stopped working

Still trying

I am now trying Ideal dvd copy and new version of Anydvd

will let you know if it works

8. Mez

Mez Active member

If the video is 'skippy' find FixVTS. Run that after ripping but before anything else. It repairs small damages. Skipping is not a decryption problem but a read problem. I never rip without following it up with a repair process. I may not make even 1% coasters.

Skipping can also be caused by burn speeds. You need to fool with the speed. Too fast or too slow causes problems. I use Imgburn because it gives you complete control over the burn speed. The speed setting has to do with the media and your burner. I buy several hundred blanks at a time if the price is right. I only buy Verbatim. Because they are all the same batch I don't need to play with the setting at all till I buy a new batch.

9. Ninja49

Ninja49 Member

Guys, I used Anydvd 6.8.7.0, it by passed the protection, and then I burnt it with Shrink, the outcome DVD is watchable in my laptop, desktop, and one much older version DVD player, but, in my newer DVD up-convert players, they can't even start the disc up, as if they were reading a blank. Any idea what caused that??