1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up Wii backups

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Thinone, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

Maybe this is common knowledge....

i was wondering if you could backup a backup without having to use rawdump? so i tried using imgburn.

i have the lg drive and used it to read the image onto the hdd and after burning it - it worked no problem.

i have tried the disc in the pioneer burner and imgburn appears to read the disc without any problems whatsoever although i havent burnt this image

apologies if this was common knowledge but it may help those who are unaware

2. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

rawdump is used to RIP the games... not burn them.

3. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

i feel you maybe misunderstood

"was wondering if you could backup a backup without having to use rawdump? so i tried using imgburn."

rawdump is used to dump the image off the disc to the hdd!!

what i was inferring is that i thought to copy a copy you still had to use rawdump to dump the image

i have since found that once an original is backed up, you no longer need to use rawdump to obtain the image
    that is what i meant - i know it is used to rip the games
    imgburn or nero is to burn the images created

4. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

Ah, well in that case, I do not have any actual experience yet, as I am waiting for my wiikey to get here. However, the way I see it, the originals produce a problem because they are written backwards, outwards in, or whatever. Burners will not do that, and I assume that when you burn an iso it burns normally, inside of the disk out. So... the way I see it, I think that once an image is burned, the new disk is a normal disk with the data, so it should be able to be ripped using other programs instead of that... try nero in copy, or even possibly alcohol 120%.

5. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

yes drats i now think you maybe right

whatever it is that makes the originals unreadable, raw dump undoes but does not recreate within the iso.

thx for the reply

Last edited: Apr 15, 2007
  6. unkletom

unkletom Member

I've been told that you can copy your backups 1:1 without having to rip the game again. I tested it successfully with Medal of Honor, but I've been having problems with other games. Nero slows right down and gives me a remaining burn time of approx 21 hours.

I am using Verbatim DVD-R 16x, however the problem doesn't seem to occur when using Verbatim DVD-RWs 6x.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Cheer...unkletom

7. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

try using img burn to read / write images off your backupcopy

8. unkletom

unkletom Member

spot-on Thinone! It works fine now. I had been using img burn previoussly to burn the dumped iso from originals DVDs to make backups, but I never thought of reading/writing the backups with it.

cheers mate,

Tom

9. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

just glad you got it sorted m8