1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backing up wrestlemania 21.freeze?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by 97bullock, Apr 23, 2005.

1. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

anyone else had any problems backing up wrestlemania 21?
    ive burnt with dvd decrypter and am getting it freeze on the copyright screen.
    seems kinda convenient that its the copyright screen it freezes on like its a deliberate hitch in the game to make backyups do this.

2. HungerMan

HungerMan Member

I downloaded Wrestlemania 21 and I have the same problem. I have tried patching the default.xbe file using lots of patches, but it still freezes on the copyright screen.

Can someone offer advice? This is the first game I have downloaded, and it not working.

3. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

you downloaded it and it doesnt work?dont the downloads usually come already fixed/patched?oh well,guess we'll have to wait for a decent patch release.

4. tankpower

tankpower Regular member

Or you could buy it or rent it. Not to say it's worth even 1 cent, though.

5. HungerMan

HungerMan Member

I thought it’d be patched also.

Can you guys give me a few resources or patch tools I could try to patch it with.

Have you played RAW 2? Its not bad, and I’m hoping that Wrestlemania XXI is better. You sure don’t seem impressed though. May I ask why?

6. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

got it

7. HungerMan

HungerMan Member

Could someone please send me the original default.xbe for Wrestlemania XXI for XBOX? I have tried patching with ALL the patching tools I can find, but it still doesn’t work.

8. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

having the original default.xbe wont make a difference

check your pms.

9. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Try clearing your cache files.

10. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

ive deleted all my cache files altogether.still doesnt work.

11. HungerMan

HungerMan Member

I too have tried clearing my cache files. No difference. The problem is still there.

12. JaySrt4

JaySrt4 Member

Has anyone tried this with a original copy that they actually bought? I just got the game and wanted to back it up but dont want to end up with a bunch of coasters.

13. jodykw82

jodykw82 Member

I copied wrestlemania to my Hard Drive and patched the xbe with craxtion4. It plays fine, I haven't tried to make a DVD of it yet, I'll try it tomorrow and see what happenes.

14. jodykw82

jodykw82 Member

I copied wrestlemania to my Hard Drive and patched the xbe with craxtion4. It plays fine, I haven't tried to make a DVD of it yet, I'll try it tomorrow and see what happenes.

15. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

do you have the old version or the one that people send off for?
    i made 2 coasters with the old version.

16. jodykw82

jodykw82 Member

I wasn't aware that there are different versions of the game..... What are the differences?

17. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

well the one thats out is full of bugs and they are trying to fix the problem and are bringing a new version out once everything is fixed which is coming out sometime in may i think.you can then go into the shop with the current,buggy copy and swap it for a new copy.if you cant wait,they offer to let you have one sent through the post straight away.
    check out the gamefaq boards.theyre always discussing it amongst each other over there and will inform of all updates and info.
    apparently,its not worth sending it off as its still not been fully debugged and anyone who sends off for it is still getting slight bug probs.

18. JaySrt4

JaySrt4 Member

Hmm I just bought mine yesterday and tried it out. First I did a regular copy no patching or whatever and burned at 8x. It did play but got stuck right before the match started. I redid it patched it and burned it at 4x and now it works fine. No problems what so ever. Maybe I have the good new version or something. I used clonexb to get it on my hard drive and QWIX to patch and creat the iso. Than I used nero to burn the dvd.

19. samuels

samuels Guest

well the one thats out is full of bugs and they are trying to fix the problem and are bringing a new version out once everything is fixed which is coming out sometime in may i think.you can then go into the shop with the current,buggy copy and swap it for a new copy.if you cant wait,they offer to let you have one sent through the post straight away.
    check out the gamefaq boards.theyre always discussing it amongst each other over there and will inform of all updates and info.
    apparently,its not worth sending it off as its still not been fully debugged and anyone who sends off for it is still getting slight bug probs.

20. HungerMan

HungerMan Member

I can't believe the quality of a released XBOX game is so bad. This is the first time I have heard of the publisher recalling a game and sending out new versions. Its a joke.