1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up XBox Games

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Gaskie, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Gaskie

Gaskie Member

Folks,

I appreciate that this question has probably come up a fair bit, but I really just wanted to clarify exactly what settings I need to use in order to burn a DVD, as at £4 a pop they ain't cheap!!

So, I've had a good look through these forums and as far as I can tell there are two ways for me to do this. Firstly I can ftp onto my XBOX, drag all the files from the DvD drive across, create an XISO image and then burn it to DVD. Secondly I hear people saying that creating an XISO is pointless and you may as well just burn straight to Dvd.

So, can anyone tell me exactly what the crack is here? Which one is safer and more reliable, and which one is the most recommended?

With that bridge crossed, the only other questions I have are a)which software should I use to burn the DVD (I have Nero 6 atm) and b) what settings do I need to change, if any? A step by step guide of what needs to be changed would be lovely!!

Thanks a lot for your help on this people, its appreciated.

Gask

2. GetModded

GetModded Guest

Here's a guide to burning with Nero:
    http://www.xbox100.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5116
    You may need to join the Forum first to get access.

You don't need to make an ISO if you burn in UDF Format. Making the ISO seems more reliable to me though. If you do decide on the ISO then use ISOMaker or Craxtion. Don't use XISO since it's been known to make bad ISO images.
    RustyDog

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2003