1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backing up xbox games

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by london82, Jul 4, 2007.

1. london82

london82 Member

hi guys, i have got the sammy drive with kreon update.

do i just use xbox backup creator and insert my game in the drive.

also will my original games be effected if i back them up

2. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

you do indeed. put the game in the drive then open up xbox backup creator. It should already be set for a full 1 to 1 rip of the game but just to be safe make sure on the 'read' tab that complete backup is checked.

At the top you should see your samsung drive listed (should be default) then if you click 'start' it will pop up a box and you must choose where the image is going to be saved, once that is done it will start ripping the game for you to that directory. You do not really need to change nay other settings.

Once you have ripped it you may want to check it in XDVDMulleter to make sure it is a true stealth image.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  3. london82

london82 Member

tnaks for the help, also will these games be playable on my flashed ms28, i have flashed it wih xtream33 firmware.

And sorry to ask again will my original game be effected by the rip

4. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

sorry, forgot to answer that, originals will not be affected in anyway.
    and yes the games will play on xtreme 3.3 (any reason why you are still using that one?)

5. london82

london82 Member

well the tutorial said to use that one with my ms28,
    i am flashing with usb so i just assumed to use that version can i use a different one.

when i tried to use xtream 53 there was no bin file to extract to mydesktop.

your help and comments are appreciated

6. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

you can use the latest version, it may have just said use 3.3 as that may have been what was out at the time of writing the guide.

Do you have your orig.bin file?
    if you do then place that in the same directory as the 5.3 package (once unzipped) so you will now have an FW folder, make xtreme firmware file, readme file, x360sam file & your orig.bin all in the same place.
    double click on the make xtreme firmware and the command prompt box will come up asking you to pick a choice of speed you want the firmware to run at A, B, C or D. Select the one you want and then you will get another list with all the different drive types, again, pick the one relevant to you which i believe i A (MS28) and then it will create your new firmware. and in that folder with the other files you will see a new file called X53A (or what ever letter you picked)

there is a newer firmware than this out now though called iXtreme 1.2. if you get that one you would make the hacked firmware pretty much the same way.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007