1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backround video in Tmpg DVD Author?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by allanmb, Apr 2, 2004.

1. allanmb

allanmb Member

Hi there,

I was wondering if it were possible to have a video playing as my background using Tmpg DVD Author? If not, are there any other tools that can do this?

Thanks
    Allan

2. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya,

Yes, that function is supported.

if you read the help file that came with the program it will tell you the format and limitations, and how to use it.

Have Fun....

3. allanmb

allanmb Member

I have selected an mpg as the background, but it appears still - will it be animated when I do the final authoring?

Also, I assume that the "length of motion menu" applies to the background and thumbnails. Is it possible to set this time different for the Main menu, and keep the tracks the same. For example, I wish to have the main menu play for 105 secs, but this is too long for the tracks menus, so I want them to be just 30 secs or so.

Thanks
    Allan

4. drchips

drchips Active member

Hiya,

If the MPEG meets all the requirements, it will show as animated after authoring.

A tip:
    Author to a folder on hard-drive, then test the result in a DVD Player Application like PowerDVD - saves on disks and time ;)

As far as I have been able to ascertain, the Motion Menu timing applies to ALL menu functions - so looks like you are a bit stuck with that...

It MAY be possible to achieve that with another method...

Have Fun...