1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup Aliens issues

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jaggy13, Apr 24, 2007.

1. jaggy13

jaggy13 Member

First off guys/gals great site!
    I have never needed to make a thread but am a little stumped on this one.

I am trying to backup my copy of Aliens. Its from the 9 DVD box set and disc 3 is Aliens but has an option in the menue to choose the directors cut or Theatrical versions.

I am using DVD shrink v 3.2(after ripping w/ fab) and title 1 is 6.6 gigs (give or take a few.) The issue is the compression is just too low. I am unable to seperate the two video's. I would love to simply split them and have a seperate DVD for each version.
    When I look under "main movie" it shows " Title 1,4,9,11,13-31,33-35"

When I attempt to re-author the preview is only of one version. (not sure which) So starting and stopping end points won't work.(if the movies where back to back...)

I'm pretty stumped. Any suggestions are welcome.

I have also tried nero and any dvd. same issue.

Thanks in advance!

2. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

try using clonedvd 2 to see the titles

3. jaggy13

jaggy13 Member

It appears that there are not two complete movies but simply different sceenes for each version. Very little redundancy. I managed to get the compression above 60% with nero and anydvd by stripping all audio and video from everything but the main title.
    I'm not sure why this allowed for better compression than re-authoring in shrink but it did.