1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup copy dnas question

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Anunnaki, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Anunnaki

Anunnaki Member

Ok i know im premature with this question but i thought i ask just to make sure im doing it right at this point. I downloaded the DiscI.D.Utility, and attempted to make a backup copy of Madden football 2004 (my first ever attempt) with DvDDecrypter, and it appears to have been successful ( I havent tried it yet, because im still waiting for my swap magic disc to come in the mail) but i was wondering if there is a way to know if the DiscI.D.Utility worked or not for the DNAS capability. I see on the backup disc file it says (Dnas270 IMG file 246KB), and i was wondering if thats what im supposed to see other than attemting to play the game, im sorry, i guess im alittle too eager to try it out.

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

how did you get disc ID utility to work and give you an ID if you can't boot up backups on your system?

3. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

you have to get the dvd disk utility since madden 2004 is a dvd disk. And yes it works i did it on mine. pm me if you need more help. I can also gave you all the dnas patch that you will need.

4. Anunnaki

Anunnaki Member

Im not sure what the heck is going on. I downloaded the discI.D.utility along with a discI.D.insertor, but i never opened the files although they were sent to zip files. I then followed the instructions on using DvD Decryptor. the process took about 15 minutes. I took the finished disc copy out and then i put that disc back in my computer (it came up DVD-R drive (f:)MADDEN 2004) and so i clicked on it and as i was looking at the files that were on the disc and i noticed 1 of the items said DNAS270IMG file ( with the DvD Decryptor disc symbol under it) and i was kinda taken back wondering if this is what im supposed to have in order to go online or not? Again i havent received my swap disc in the mail yet so i dont know if it works, i was just asking ahead to see if sounded correct for the DNAS part of it. Thanks for the xtra help XNikoX i will definitely pm you for the xtra needed stuff.