1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup creation problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Dekath, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Dekath

Dekath Member

Hi. Well, I need some help. I created a back up copy of Mortal Combat Armageddon using Alcohol 120%, I ripped it onto a hard drive, partitioning into two parts, since FAT32 won't record any file over 4GIGs, then, using DVDR- disk, I used an alcohol 120% image wizard and recorded it into that DVD.
    Well, the game BOOTs 120%, then gets stuck. If it doesn't gets stuck it loads from screen to screen PAINFULLY slow, though if it ever gets to gameplay, it plays OK. What have I done wrong? Can someone please, walk me through creating a PS2 game backup using Alcohol 120 or Nero. I have both programs

Thank you

2. AkaMrMike

AkaMrMike Regular member

What kind of media are you using to backup games? And how fast are you burning them? If you use cheap media or burn to fast then you can get results like these. Try using Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim, Ritek, or Sony to backup and burn at around 2-4x, but not any faster than 4x the slower the better. Hope this helps, and good luck.