1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup doesn't work

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Aquatel, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Aquatel

Aquatel Member

Hey guys,

Made a backup of Tiger Woods PGA 2004, however I can't get it to work.

Here are the details

Xbox Details

Xbox V1.0 (No DVD-Rom Issues)
    X2-Lite
    Slayers EvolutionX

Game Details
    Unrar'd the files to an iso
    Extracted the iso with craxtion
    patched the .xbe's
    recreated the iso
    burned with Stomp RecordNow Max

I've got 25 or so backups that all work excellent

The problem with this game....I start the xbox, evox comes up. I open the tray, put the game in, close the tray. Disk spins up an evox regognizes it as a game. When I select play game from DVD-Rom, I get the loading screen that slayer's evox gives you (not sure if all are familiar with that white screen with the x-2 logo?) Anyway, all that happens after that is evox restarts....no matter how many times I do it, even tried to install the game to the HDD. The game manager sees it as Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004, but still resets evox every time I load the game....am I missing anything here? First time making a backup from a download, so I'm new to that area...any help would be appreciated.

P.S I have even tried turning of IGR in all three places that it appears (Misc RDTools FTP) still no luck.

2. lockjaw66

lockjaw66 Member

hi, since the game is from the source you say its from and its in rar. files, all you do is extract the main file then you get all the rar files opened, then extract again by right clicking the first file that was opened of the many that are there, then it will make you an iso, then burn image using what ever you prefer. i use nero burn image option and burn at 2x and never had a prob. let me know how it goes. good luck...

3. clarky

clarky Regular member

It sounds like the xbe files are not patched. Open craxtion etc patch the .xbe files and rebuild the iso. Then burn it as an image and see how you go.

Or maybe the guy that extracted the files the first time (that you dl from) stuffed up and it wont work no matter how many times you try.