1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup downloaded xbox live arcade games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by stuntz0rZ, Mar 20, 2007.

1. stuntz0rZ

stuntz0rZ Member

I have downloaded a bunch of these games from the Xbox Live service and was woundering where the files are kept. When you download a Xbox Live Arcade game,it's limited (a demo). then you need to purchase a key to unlock the full version. These files both get saved in with the game saves. (I'm guessing some where in E:/)

When I browse the Xbox dash, theres no copy button for saving to a memory card, So FTP would be the only way possible.

Was woundering if it were possible to ftp them to pc for back up purposes only. Just in case my hard drive ever died on me. Any help please?

2. steve120

steve120 Member

yea you would be able to ftp them back, so try ftping them on ur pc when u ftp you are seeing all the files so go thrught all the folders like c: d: F; e: and all the otheres and find ur games

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

We need to get this clear.. Is your xbox modded?

I'm not 100% sure where the games will be saved, but I'm guessing they will be on E:\ with a stock drive.
    Even if you are not modded it is possible with the hotswap method to back up the complete stock drive. Though I would be tempted to do a temporary softmod to get the eeprom data, then restore everything back to stock for live.. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/332766

4. deshman

deshman Member

I didn't think that you could sign on to XBL if you had a modded xbox? Could you do it with the modchip turned off...but then don't they check for harddrive size too?