1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup dvd to dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Oscar65, May 7, 2002.

1. Oscar65

Oscar65 Member

I read a lot on the forum but I'm still trying without success, please help me.
    I ripped a dvd to hd usind backup copy in smart ripper but the size of VIDEO_TS is too big to fit on a single dvd-r.I'd like to ripp everything from there but the language,subtitles and menu I need.
    Can someone tell me the exact sequence using ifoedit? Trying what suggested in doom9 guides didn't work I think I'm wrong somewhere.
    Thanks in advance

2. vobhead

vobhead Guest

Gentlemen... have we not been reading up on the subject matter? *MOST* DVD's are DVD-9 (dual layered) and will not fit on 1 DVD-R (DVD-5 single layered) media! Finished! The End! Even after you have stripped out languages, subtitles, extas, and the menus, the movie will still be larger than 4.3gb.

Split the DVD into 2 DVD-R (or 1 Dual Side DVD-R), or re-encode to lower the bitrate.

VobHead

3. Joost_B

Joost_B Member

Oscar65,

If you've been using IfoEdit to strip unwanted audio + subtitle tracks and the vobs are still to big for 1 DVD-R, then the next step is using Rempeg for resampling. You can download it on doom9 I guess. With Rempeg (v1.5.2) you'll be able to downsample your image. There is also a good guide on on doom9 how to do it. However after having downsampled the vobs you are stuck with a .m2v file, only containing the movie and no sound! for the sound I suggest you use DVD2AVI, which has an option to extract the ac3 files to your harddisk. Then the next step is to multiplex (stick together) all parts into one vob file, for that I use Streamweaver. After this process you should have a vob file that can be authored in a dvd structure using eg. DVD Junior, you can get this for free. If any problem, just drop it on the forum.

Kind regards, Joost

4. ISULucky7

ISULucky7 Guest