1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup DVD with cppm protection

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by bonnylass, Mar 14, 2005.

1. bonnylass

bonnylass Member

Hi, im new to this forum and this may may have been already dicussed. I am trying to backup a DVD with cppm protection, I am using DVD dycrypter 3.5 with anyDVD running in the background but an having little success. Any help would be appreciated folks

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

What movie is this?

3. bonnylass

bonnylass Member

The movie is layer cake

4. burnout4u

burnout4u Guest

sounds like me when i went through every darn burning combo trial thats out there ,i used to think dvd shrink was the go but im now convinced the only way to go is x copy express with dvd 43 running in the backround or dvd idle pro the copies are 1st class fit on one disc and allways remember use decent discs

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

right, now that you say it's layer cake, there are numerous workarounds/fixes for this movie, both here on afterdawn (various threads, at least one of them is closed due to so many workable fixes), plus on dvd decryptor official forum too. read thru the fixes and you will be sorted. i won't quote the fix that worked for me (uk version of film) as a) i can't remember!, and b) my and many others workarounds are in the threads already. good luck

Rich

6. squizzle

squizzle Active member

@burnout4u

Did you try DVD43 with DVD Shrink? I'll bet it works too. AnyDVD works like a charm in place of DVD43 too.

7. Andoru

Andoru Member

does the dvd43 have the jump to movie/title screen
    feature?

8. bonnylass

bonnylass Member

Using AnyDVD made NO DIFFERENCE

9. creaky

THANK YOU - anydvd made no difference, cool, one or more of us have said that. Unfortunately anydvd is plugged when it's just not necessary. as i've said above and on other similar threads there are a few ways around layer cake et al

Try em out and let us know as loads of us have beaten this film and many others like it by following the advice of others. Anydvd has it's uses but as said before it should just not be necessary , even though its lately been updated a few times for various arccos protection(s). Pls check on dvd decryptor forum, try the PSL file imprt, you will be surprised how easy it can be

Rich

10. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Are you using the very latest version of AnyDVD? Just released a few days ago?

11. creaky

squizzle, you're entitled to suggest anydvd, as much as anything else, it obviously worked for you. It didn't work for me and many others. I'd like to think bonnylas is trying some other suggested fixes that have been proven to work, and will post back some success. If that success happens to be due to an updated anydvd all well and good. but each to their own, one person's fix isn't another i'm afraid. Pesky protections can't even affect everyone consistently :)

Rich

12. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

Use CloneDVD2

13. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Well that is one of the things they fixed in their latest version of AnyDVD. That's why I ask.

14. Andoru

Andoru Member

i used the new anydvd and
    it works great and it removes the anoying adverts and stuff. i used it with dvdshrink

15. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005