1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup dvd's

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by prsley, Apr 18, 2007.

1. prsley

prsley Member

I have just downloaded dvd shrink and am pretty impressed by what it does. But is it really necessary to have nero to backup the dvd's ?
    It seems like they've sold out to me.

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

DVD Shrink rips, authors, compresses, but does not burn. So you'll need a burning program for that. Nero is nice for burning, but you may pick and choose whatever you like. One way I would recommend is to create an ISO with Shrink, then burn with DVD Decrypter which is a free, wonderful program with a very solid burning engine. People here would recommend ImgBurn too, I guess.

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Yes, we do recommend ImgBurn. The author of DVD Decrypter also recommends ImgBurn. LUK took the burner software from DVD Decrypter and updated it to create ImgBurn. He's the author of both. ;) There's some tweaks to be done. There's a revised exe for Shrink that supports ImgBurn instead of DVD Decrypter. Since the Shrink decryption is obsolete, that needs taken care of. RI4M does a good job and opens the cleaned files in Shrink.

Click Here for the software you need for doing the more difficult releases, it includes a guide and some handy links. Read the install guide first.