1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup Episodic DVDs - Nip/Tuck

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by yakarobed, Feb 6, 2005.

1. yakarobed

yakarobed Member

I would like to back up my copy of Nip/Tuck Season 1. I have never tried copying a series DVD before. I use AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 with NEC 3520 burner. (I have DVD-R and +R media available to use if it makes a difference.)

Any suggestions or tricks before I begin? Thanks for your help!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  2. dumbfuker

dumbfuker Member

yak,

I've backed up several (over 20) episodic discs, mostly Seinfeld and Star Trek TNG, and don't do them any differently than regular movies.

Actually, that's not totally true. For movies, I typically use the reauthor option in DVD Shrink and only backup the main title. For episodic discs, I like to keep the menu features intact, so I usually jut do a full disc backup. It takes a bit longer to analyse and encode, but it's a rasonable trade off in my opinion.

If I've missed something or there is more to your question than meets the eye, I'm sure someone will come along and correct me.

Regards,

DF

3. keithro70

keithro70 Guest

Should be no different than backing up regular movie dvd's. You'll keep the menu's as long as you don't use Shrink's re-author mode.

4. kyrainman

kyrainman Guest

On the title configuration screen sort the titles by title sequence. If the dvd has 4 episodes you might want to un-check episodes 3 & 4. The episodes are the ones that run about 42 minites.Transcode and burn the 1st. disc. When done click the BACK button until you're back to the Config. screen. Right click on a blank area in the screen and click "Invert for Split". Make sure Preserve Menus is checked at the top right of the screen. Transcode and burn disc 2. The result will be episodes 1 & 2 on disc 1 with 100% quality and episodes 3 & 4 on disc 2 with 100% quality. You can choose to put the special features on either disc.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2005